College Sports Talk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McCarron is a chump. I dont think hes as good as everyone thinks he is. But Im biased. We shut them down last year.

Who do you play for? ;) AJ McCarron has never started against South Carolina...Bama and SC haven't played since 2010. AJ took over the starting position in 2011.
Here is the game recap. http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=302822579

As for AJ...like you said i think you are a little bias:
There are Zero Players with at least 600 passes in NCAA major-college history who have a better interception ratio than AJ McCarron. He has
had only eight of his 690 career passes picked off -- one in every 86.3. The NCAA record had been one interception every 77.8 passes, set by Fresno State's Billy Volek from 1997 through 1999 (12 interceptions in 934 passes). McCarron also has the lowest interception ratio of any SEC player with at least 200 passes. Next on the SEC list is Tim Tebow, who threw one interception every 62.2 passes as Florida's QB from 2006 through 2009. Last season, McCarron set an SEC record for the lowest interception ratio in a single season (with at least 160 attempts) with three in 314 passes -- one in every 104.7.

2 BCS national-championship game victories as Alabama's starting quarterback for AJ McCarron, the same number of losses he's started in 27 games as the Crimson Tide's signal-caller.

If he earns a 4th NC Ring(3rd as starting QB) one could make the argument for best college QB of all time.

...I may be a little bias too since my wife babysat AJ when he was a kid...but those stats are 100% accurate.

Who do you play for? ;) AJ McCarron has never started against South Carolina...Bama and SC haven't played since 2010. AJ took over the starting position in 2011.
Here is the game recap. http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=302822579

As for AJ...like you said i think you are a little bias:
There are Zero Players with at least 600 passes in NCAA major-college history who have a better interception ratio than AJ McCarron. He has
had only eight of his 690 career passes picked off -- one in every 86.3. The NCAA record had been one interception every 77.8 passes, set by Fresno State's Billy Volek from 1997 through 1999 (12 interceptions in 934 passes). McCarron also has the lowest interception ratio of any SEC player with at least 200 passes. Next on the SEC list is Tim Tebow, who threw one interception every 62.2 passes as Florida's QB from 2006 through 2009. Last season, McCarron set an SEC record for the lowest interception ratio in a single season (with at least 160 attempts) with three in 314 passes -- one in every 104.7.

2 BCS national-championship game victories as Alabama's starting quarterback for AJ McCarron, the same number of losses he's started in 27 games as the Crimson Tide's signal-caller.

If he earns a 4th NC Ring(3rd as starting QB) one could make the argument for best college QB of all time.

...I may be a little bias too since my wife babysat AJ when he was a kid...but those stats are 100% accurate.

Yeah my bad. I was thinking about Aaron Murray. Have nothing wrong with Alabama, always root for them unless its agaisnt SC. I have been in the library all day studying and my brain is fried.

It will definitely be a close Heisman this year for sure. Reason I thought about Murray is I was watching ESPN and they were talking about Clowney and Murray I think.

Clowney will break a Quarterback or two...this year I just hope it isn't Alabama's! He is a beast.

This was on an Alabama news website...I just thought it was cool and thought I would share:
13295068-mmmain.jpg

This was on an Alabama news website...I just thought it was cool and thought I would share:
13295068-mmmain.jpg

That is cool. Whats the breakdown of Alabama to Auburn fans? Im from Lexington, KY and unless youre from Louisville or had family go to UL then youre a UK fans.

Down here in SC its split pretty evenly between Clemson and SC. Just has sucked to be a Clemson fan for the last 4 years.

Its probably 25% to 75% in Alabama's favor here...but a LOT of real hate between the extremists on each fan base. Probably similar to the UK/Louisville rivalry...I have a friend that is a UK an and his brother is a Louisville fan(I have heard stories).

Its probably 25% to 75% in Alabama's favor here...but a LOT of real hate between the extremists on each fan base. Probably similar to the UK/Louisville rivalry...I have a friend that is a UK an and his brother is a Louisville fan(I have heard stories).

I didnt know that was even possible. That guy who poisoned toomer's corner tree was quite the nut. Every fanbase has them.

Im picking Hubert as the pre-season Heisman sleeper :D That map is awesome but KU shouldnt have that much of kansas!

autobaun70 said:
A couple of (poor quality iPhone) pics from the Clemson Georgia game.

Awesome. That intro always gives me goosebumps.

Well after a rough week one and an alright week two, I look forward to an a$$ whopping week 3 on Umass. I think the spread is around 40 right now, in k-states favor of course.

Here are some picks from last weeks game. Drank the whole six pack of wheat they brought to the suite. Im gonna ask it they have any tallgrass this week. They had it the night they have a private showing and grand opening of the suite so id assume they would have more now, hopefully :D

2013-09-07 17.43.08.jpg

2013-09-07 21.19.20.jpg

My Fighting Irish are still trying to get there heads out of there asses. Michigan last week --they didnt start playing till the second half.

I want to like Tommy Rees....I really do!

I like programs that value academics and are good at football.

That being said, my in laws have what they like to call Whore teams. Those teams you like to watch play only because they are good at football and to call them college students is laughable...

I'm looking at you Bama!

Anyone else feel that this Bama/A&M game is being incredibly overrated? I mean, yea, it's going to be a very good game, but game of the century? Come on. I realize it's a "revenge" game for Bama, and it involves one of the more polarizing players in CFB right now, but this thing is getting WAY over-hyped in my opinion.

That being said, my in laws have what they like to call Whore teams. Those teams you like to watch play only because they are good at football and to call them college students is laughable...

I'm looking at you Bama!

I hear that from a lot of people who are fans of sucky football teams. Roll Tide! :ban:

Anyone else feel that this Bama/A&M game is being incredibly overrated? I mean, yea, it's going to be a very good game, but game of the century? Come on. I realize it's a "revenge" game for Bama, and it involves one of the more polarizing players in CFB right now, but this thing is getting WAY over-hyped in my opinion.

I think it lived up to the hype. Great Game!

BamaProud said:
I hear that from a lot of people who are fans of sucky football teams. Roll Tide! :ban:

Yes, I bet you do hear that a lot.

I was happy with the game. I only wish Jonny Football embarrassed himself more. He's a real dousche.

Im hoping clowney :D that was a hell of a game. I wish bama wouldnt of let them come back so close. ALso glad they revered that ejection, what a hit! AT first glance it did look like helmet to helmet but they took the time and found it clearly wasnt. It wasnt as demonstrative as clowneys hit but just as good to me :D

I'm looking at you Bama!

Pretty poor comment.

Yes. We've heard. Fook that dude. Never liked anyone from Syracuse (he's originally from Cheshire). F em.

When does basketball start? Women's? :D

Seems like like of lot of Penn State fans on this board. I have always liked their football teams, but I'm soooo happy the Hoosiers stuck it to them this weekend! Watch out Buckeyes!!!! The Hoosiers are coming to Columbus soon!

BamaProud said:
What is the deal with Clowney? Disappointing.
Very Disappointing. Apparently he had muscle pain that kept him out Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play many more games and try and not get injured. As a carolina fan that makes me mad but I can't really blame him. If I were his position I would probably do the same thing. His draft position won't change and he's not going to win the heisman so why risk injury?

Not sure if anyone watched the Missouri S. Carolina game but it was awesome. Came back from 17 down in the 4th quarter with an injured qb who didnt start to win in 2 OTs. What a game!

Back