College Sports Talk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finsfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is intended for those of us who enjoy watching college sports and to have somewhere to CHAT about games or match-ups. This is NOT intended to be a debate forum for those who think all other schools are terrible. That is not to say that you can disagree with others and voice your opinion but lets keep the arguing to a minimum. Instead of voicing useless "my team is better cuz its mine" type of comments, google some stats and provide evidence to your reasoning.

With that said lets kick this thing off! I am from Manhattan, KS and also currently attend K-State, so you know who i root for! Cant wait for this football season to begin, new press boxes to sit in during the games :D Even tho we are not in pre-season top 25 AGAIN, we will end up on top like we have the last two years! k-state won THREE big 12 championships this last year and we plan to continue this with three more. august 30th cant get here soon enough! for those that do not know, this is the new stadium, and the trophies from last year :D

Let your college colors fly ladies and gentlemen, just be respectful of others and lets make this a fun place to chat about college sports!

12506636.jpg

pageimg-westaerial11.jpg

1002092_626940700650643_305358592_n.jpg

This is going to be a good year for UofWashington new stadium and no injuries like last year can't wait.

ive seen that play 100+ times and im still excited to see it again every time, one of the best football plays of last year!

Yeah its great. He added a bunch of weight since last season so no telling what he will do this season.

Did you hear the head of the ACC said he would have ejected him for the hit. Just goes to show you how lame ACC football is.

Yeah its great. He added a bunch of weight since last season so no telling what he will do this season.

Did you hear the head of the ACC said he would have ejected him for the hit. Just goes to show you how lame ACC football is.

i have not heard that but thats about the most foolish thing iv heard. He may have hit him a little high but not a spear or leading with his helmet type of hit, just an explosive hit, the dude was fine, no harm no foul

i have not heard that but thats about the most foolish thing iv heard. He may have hit him a little high but not a spear or leading with his helmet type of hit, just an explosive hit, the dude was fine, no harm no foul

I think it was because it was pretty violent and his helmet came off. NFL has already lost a lot of credibility in my eyes with all their new rules regarding hits, hope college doesnt follow.

I think it was because it was pretty violent and his helmet came off. NFL has already lost a lot of credibility in my eyes with all their new rules regarding hits, hope college doesnt follow.

I hope it doesnt as well, there are already plenty of rules in place to prevent serious injuries and they can only go so far before they ruin the sport, there is still a long way to get to that point tho. clowneys hit is a perfect example that it is still somewhat going in the right direction, safety and violence in perfect harmony :mug:

Instead of voicing useless "my team is better cuz its mine" type of comments, google some stats and provide evidence to your reasoning.

My team is better cuz they've dominated the best conference in the Nation for 2 years...and on top in preseason polls heading into 2013! Roll Tide!

:ban: ...can't wats to watch some college football!

Clowney is a man among boys. ...its crazy but lots of folks said he would have gone as the #1 draft pick LAST year if he would have been eligible.

how is k-state not in the top 25 again?! thats alright, it will only take till week 9 of the college season to get back in the top 5

K-State is my pick (on another message board) for "who isn't in the top 25, but is most likely to finish in the top 10".

NINE DAYS TILL KICKOFF!

K-State is my pick (on another message board) for "who isn't in the top 25, but is most likely to finish in the top 10".

NINE DAYS TILL KICKOFF!

the 30th cannot come sooner, first k-state game with the new press boxes! and ill be in a suite :D inside, and now finally, outside seats in the suites!!!

12506636 (1).jpg

pageimg-westaerial11.jpg

Watch out for the Freak! 7 days!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iskXZD5KAe0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm going to watch every South Carolina game I can this year. Clowney is one of those special college players, that don't come around that often. This is the last chance to see him dominate this way.

Back