Coleman 50qt Mobile Cooler Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlettow

Reaction score
Inspired by the build in this thread, I built this using a 50qt Coleman cooler and two 2.5 gallon AIH kegs. I had to cut a little bit of the lid with my multimax, but everything fit great after that with no mods to the kegs.

The 20oz co2 tank is floating in there right now. I'll build a bracket once I confirm i can fit enough ice in there with it inside. Otherwise I may move it outside the cooler.

I'm going to give it a trial run this weekend for a memorial day party.

20170524_221956.jpg

20170524_221821.jpg

20170524_205408.jpg

20170524_205732.jpg

Very Clean! I have this cooler and am wanting to do the same thing as you. Curious on what length shanks you used? Are they just tower shanks?

I bought 3" shanks, with the anticipation of cutting to size. I cut off about 7/8" and still have a quarter inch to spare, so a 2" should work.

I also used 90 degree tail pieces to avoid pinching the tube. The kegs sit very close to the front of the cooler because of the wheels, so it is all a fairly tight fit.

Back