Cold crashing and bringing it back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norwaybrewer

Reaction score
I am cold crashing my geordie lager at 3 celsius in my secondary right now. Will be priming and bottling in a day or two.

My question: shouldnt i bring the bulk back to 70 or so fahrenheit before adding primer and bottle it, and,

how long do i need to keep it at 70 temp for it to go back to 70? like, 4 hours or two days??

Any physics grads in here?

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Home Brew mobile app

You don't have to warm it up before bottling. After bottling it, keep it at 70 degrees for about three weeks and it should be fairly well carbed by then.

+1

After cold-crashing, I bottle at 40' F (4' C) and then let it sit in a closet at 75' F (24' C) for 3 weeks.

+1 on priming/bottling cold. When it warms in the bottles, the yeast will perk up and start eating.

When moving the fermenter to prepare for priming/bottling, be gentle and try to not slosh it around. When priming cold beer for bottling, I like to give it a very gentle stir with a sanitized spoon to evenly distribute the sugar solution.

If using a priming calculator, enter the highest temp the beer saw prior to the crash.

Back