Cold crash too early

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cncquinn

Reaction score
I have a batch that I had bottling for 2 weeks. I took one, cold crashed it and it was carbed up just fine. So I took the rest of the bottles and crashed them too. I popped one open last night and it was flat. My question is, if I take them out of the fridge and keep them at room temp for another week or so, will they carb up or did I kill the yeast by chilling them?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I have a batch that I had bottling for 2 weeks. I took one, cold crashed it and it was carbed up just fine. So I took the rest of the bottles and crashed them too. I popped one open last night and it was flat. My question is, if I take them out of the fridge and keep them at room temp for another week or so, will they carb up or did I kill the yeast by chilling them?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yes, take them out, gently roll the bottles to agitate the yeast and let them warm back up for a week or two and they should continue carbing up nicely.

What temp were you carbing at prior to putting them in the fridge?

Normally, it takes 3 weeks at 70-75*F. If the bottles are stored in a cooler place (like 60-65*F), it will take longer. If stored below 60*F, the yeast (depending on strain) may remain dormant.

Latest posts

Back