Coin-Op Soda Fountain/Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellmtbbq

Reaction score
I was wondering whether any of you have built a coinop soda/beer tap? https://www.adafruit.com/products/786 Then you'd need a solenoid or something to control flow.

I know selling homebrew
Is illegal but you could use tokens or something. I think it's be a good way to stop friends from keg whor*ng.

If your friends are whoring your kegs, it's time to make them brew the beer. Or open a can of whoopass.. one or the other.
I keep small disposable cups around my kegerator (around 8oz.) that alone has kept my kegs going much longer than they used to when I had 16oz. glasses nearby.

umm. . .if you want to keep friends from keg whoring, just man up and tell then your expectations. . . Geez, it's YOUR beer, that YOU made. . .just tell them to piss off.

krazydave said:
I keep small disposable cups around my kegerator (around 8oz.) that alone has kept my kegs going much longer than they used to when I had 16oz. glasses nearby.

x2

This is what we did and it had been a great improvement.

On your topic, I think it's a pretty cool and unique way of setting up a kegerator. Who knows, you could go all out will an old arcade cabinet and have you styles, amount served, and approx amount left displayed on the screen.

I would love to see this in action, but would hate to have to dig into my penny jar in order to get a brew. Ever considered tap locks or something similar if your friends are that untrustworthy around your beer?

Latest posts

Back