coffee syrup ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldude309

Reaction score
Was in the local Wally World to day buying coffee and saw flavored syrup to add to your coffee? I think. They had Vanillia, Carmel, Hazelnut and Chocolate and even a couple of sugar free. Was wondering if anyone had tried any of this to flavor a batch? They seem to have natural and artifical flavoring,water, sugar and coloring added plus some had Potass. sorbate added, so it might work in the secondary after fermintation has completed.
Any thoughts or information ? Jim

Personally, I wouldn't. If I were going to use it, I would use it in the glass, then pour something into it. (And I do have lots of Torani flavors due to sodas and coffees.) I mix it with soda water and vodka, so I can see using mead as a cocktail ingredient, but with the aging process involved, I'd really go for something that enhanced the mead flavor. (spirits are usually created pretty quickly, in the matter of a week or two, compared to mead at a year or two). For example, I've read of one that consisted of a mead and apple brandy that sounded interesting.

If I were to flavor a mead, I would try to go more for ingredients (vanilla bean, burnt honey or sugar, hazelnut extract, cocoa nibs/cocoa)

Latest posts

Back