Coca-Cola CO2 -- is it the same as standard 5# fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitandbeach

Reaction score
Greetings,
I'm on an island where the only CO2 is from Coca-cola. I've a friend that owns a restaurant, thus I have access to a coca-cola CO2 container.
Is the fitting standard and a simple swap form my stateside 5# setup?
Thank you.

It depends on where in the world you are. Not all countries use the same valves.

Indeed. In the US the fittings are designated by CGA, the Compressed Gas Association. CGA is based in the US and I'm not sure if their influence extends internationally.

If it uses a CGA fitting, you should be fine. I'd say ask your friend for a picture, or just go take a look.

I have been looking for co2 sources in canada. Looking at the various suppliers catalogs everything is listed as cga ### i think co2 is listed as cga 320 here. If its the same in the states then its probably the same in a lot of places around the US too. Its also posible coke is using a proprietary system to make sure you have to get the co2 from them

Latest posts

Back