CO2 Tank With Single Hose To 3 Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookyBrewsky

Reaction score
Is this possible? My kegerator has one slot for a hose, unless I cut the kegerator's back open and potentially break it and/or ruin its thermal properties, I don't know how I can carbonate 3 kegs from the same CO2 tank, most regulator additions are directly on the tank and involve separate hoses. Perhaps I am overlooking something simple. I am not really a stickler about CO2, for most beers I will just use roughly the same CO2 settings. Having adjustability on each hose itself would be nice, but is not necessary.

Any suggestions as well as relatively easy alternatives to this are welcome.

I've never had issues. You may want to find a way to fix it in place so you can reach it to turn the ports on and off.

I've never had issues. You may want to find a way to fix it in place so you can reach it to turn the ports on and off.
Alright, I'll deal with the nuances when it arrives, for now, I just want to drink more beer.

Not sure what came with your kegerator but if you need to buy lines/fittings, go with duotight stuff. Just recently switched my 3 taps over, really easy to work with.

+1 to a manifold. They can be had as high as ten valves, I think. I have a 6-valve in my kegerator, running off of one tank. Depending on how many kegs your kegerator can hold, consider getting a manifold with 1-2 more valves than kegs you can fit; then you can make at least one of the valves a dedicated force-carb line (with a black disconnect instead of gray) for faster carbonating through the liquid-out post. Goes without saying, but make sure all connections are tight and check for leaks before connecting your kegs; there's nothing quite like installing new stuff in your kegerator only to have your tank die on you because of a missed leak.

For attaching the manifold, you might be able to use double face tape. Ideally if you could attach it to the side somewhere without hitting a fridge line. I've seen some creative ideas from folks with limited inside space like a bracket strapped to a keg. The four way splitter idea is a good one too then all of the adjustments for pressure are done outside the unit. Space inside is always at a premium with the kegs and hoses. Secure the hoses in some way to keep them out of the way for when you need to swap out a keg.

For attaching the manifold, you might be able to use double face tape. Ideally if you could attach it to the side somewhere without hitting a fridge line. I've seen some creative ideas from folks with limited inside space like a bracket strapped to a keg. The four way splitter idea is a good one too then all of the adjustments for pressure are done outside the unit. Space inside is always at a premium with the kegs and hoses. Secure the hoses in some way to keep them out of the way for when you need to swap out a keg.
I mounted my manifold on the inside of the door. There are no refrigerant lines in the doors. At least in my experience. I also put an in-line regulator in one of the gas lines. If you want to force carbonate, you can and keep a lesser pressure on the serving keg.

The in line regulator is directly beneath the ”Stroh’s” tap. It’s not really Stroh’s beer. I had to get that to mess with my brother. It was our training beer when we were kids and he always said it gave him headaches. I maintained that drinking as much as we did in those days, any beer would cause a headache.

Attachments

• F30E1106-7819-4C6B-AB3E-0CC213AC29C8.jpeg
    F30E1106-7819-4C6B-AB3E-0CC213AC29C8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That looks like a great spot for your manifold - and yes, there's (usually) no lines in the door. Think, the door is normally removable so there'd be no visible lines from the body to the door.

And, there's nothing wrong with Stoh's beer. I drank my fair share of it when I was younger and as far as headaches, I think it was from either not drinking enough or maybe too much? Stroh a party! That's the sticker in my toolbox.

Latest posts

Back