Co2 tank empty!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessej122

Reaction score
I kegged my first time over the weekend everything was going good, kegged 5 gal of rye porter put in fridge over night. Force carbed rolled for 4 1/2 minutes on 30 psi set regulator down to about 6. Go to work everything looked good, got home to a empty cylinder, luckily I got one on the way home hooked it up it's currently sitting at 12 psi should the
Beer be ok?

Well the thing is my buddy got the tank from a guy who sai it was full but I guess he lied!

I looked on a carbonation chart it said 6 psi at 38 degrees for 2.0 vol sound about right? If so when should I set and down and how long am I looking at to carb? Thanks in advance cheers!!

5 gallons in a corny keg will take two weeks under constant pressure to nearly reach perfect carbonation. Another week and it will be perfect.

See the chart in Bobby_M's thread on carbonation. The green line matches years of experience with "set and forget" carbing here...

Cheers!

Back