CO2 "Squirter" Warning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I just got one of the CO2 "squirters", that use a cartridge and allows portable serving.

I was playing with it. If you pull the trigger when it is not attached to the keg, it can EXPLODE!

The top cap of the cornie post connector blew off, loud enough that my ears are still ringing. It hit my finger and my leg. My index finger is bleeding and turning black on the end, and I have a round red mark on my leg.

I need a pint...

:(

4570.jpg

jesus... did it come with a warning label? did the cartridge explode, or the fitting? i use to pack those things with gunpowder to make them explode but otherwise i never could get them to "explode" without a whole lot of effort

It was the center cap on the top of the cornie connector. I found the spring and o ring, but still haven't found the cap.

My finger hurts...

(But the pint of blonde with a shot in it is helping)

jesus... did it come with a warning label? did the cartridge explode, or the fitting? i use to pack those things with gunpowder to make them explode but otherwise i never could get them to "explode" without a whole lot of effort
Yes it is clearly marked in the instructions not to use it while not connected to a keg.

Hope your finger heals quickly OP! :mug:

Yes it is clearly marked in the instructions not to use it while not connected to a keg.

Hope your finger heals quickly OP! :mug:

D'oh!

You're right. It even says that connecting the injector without the connector connected to the keg can "cause the connector to fail".

:eek:

Back