CO2 regulator problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StillHouse

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I FINALLY got all the parts needed for my kegorator. Today I wanted to clean and sanitize everything so I could keg my first batch. I fill my keg with oxi clean, seal it up and attempt to hook up the co2 to the keg. I think my band new regulator is broken unless I'm overlooking something. The large psi gauge goes up are 700 psi when I turn on the tank. The small pressure gage doesn't move, it stays at 0. (yes even when I turn the adjustment knob) there are no leaks so I hope I'm overlooking something seeing how the homebrew store is 2 hrs away and I literally just got back from there. Any help?

Did you try turning the gas shut off? Up/down means the gas should be flowing. Left/right means it's off.

Is the connection all the way on the post?

df-rg210lga.jpg

The dial indicating 700psi refers to the amount of C02 left in your cylinder. The other gauge (it should range from 0-60psi) refers to the head pressure in the keg. Be sure to attach all fittings correctly and tight enough. Then open main valve on the C02 tank. Then turn the regulator adjustment knob/screw, clockwise, until desired pressure is reached on head pressure gauge (the one on top, or the one that ranges from 0-60psi).

If this doesn't work, you may have a faulty regulator.

Good luck!

Back