CO2 Refill in North Dallas, TX?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semicole

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to home brewing and brewed a 5 gallon batch last weekend that I am planning on kegging - this will be my first time kegging. I bought a shiny red KEGCO CO2 tank off of Craigslist and need to get it filled before I can keg obviously. The issue is, I need a REFILL and not a SWAP - I like having this shiny tank and don't want to trade it in for a banged up one. So, everyone around North Dallas (McKinney/Plano/Allen), where can I go to get my CO2 filled?

Last edited:
Hey Semicole,

Arlington brewer here- so I'm not sure about the Plano area, but there's a place called Kool Keg (http://www.kool-keg.net/) that we get our refills from. An option if you're in the area for something else!

I'm fairly new to home brewing and brewed a 5 gallon batch last weekend that I am planning on kegging - this will be my first time kegging. I bought a shiny red KEGCO CO2 tank off of Craigslist and need to get it filled before I can keg obviously. The issue is, I need a REFILL and not a SWAP - I like having this shiny tank and don't want to trade it in for a banged up one. So, everyone around North Dallas (McKinney/Plano/Allen), where can I go to get my CO2 filled?
Were you able to find a place? I am in Plano and fixing up a kegerator. I too have a shiny CO2 tank that I want to keep.

Were you able to find a place? I am in Plano and fixing up a kegerator. I too have a shiny CO2 tank that I want to keep.
I did end up finding a place. It's called Collin County Fire Equipment. It's located at a Uhaul storage place over in Melissa. They have a guy from Collin County Fire Equipment that comes buy and picks up your tank from the Uhaul place and takes them to their shop and fills them then brings them back to the Uhaul place. I think it ran me about $20. It was a little bit of a wait though, I dropped my tank off and got it about a week or so later.

I searched high and low though and this was about the only place I could find that does refills instead of exchanges.

Here's the info if you decide to try it out:
6315 N McDonald St, Melissa, TX 75454
(972) 542-2792

Had no idea how prevalent this was (wanting to keep the nice/shiny red CO2 tank). Fiancé bought me a kegerator conversion kit for Christmas and avoided building one because I couldn't find a CO2 refill, rather than a swap.

Had no idea how prevalent this was (wanting to keep the nice/shiny red CO2 tank). Fiancé bought me a kegerator conversion kit for Christmas and avoided building one because I couldn't find a CO2 refill, rather than a swap.
I got my tank filled at Parkit market on Greenville. I did talk to Academy sports and they said that they can fill up the CO2 tank. I don’t know what the price is exactly but I know that it was comparable to the $18.95 that Parkit market charged me. Plus Academy sports is much closer to my house.

Texas Brewing Inc does refills. Kinda far from you in Haltom City. My 5 lb tank was about $16.

I got my tank filled at Parkit market on Greenville. I did talk to Academy sports and they said that they can fill up the CO2 tank. I don’t know what the price is exactly but I know that it was comparable to the $18.95 that Parkit market charged me. Plus Academy sports is much closer to my house.

What size tank did you get filled for $18.95?

+1 for Parkit market as well. Good price, quick service. Actually may be going there later today, running low on CO2.

Back