Co2 Pressure Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed_Savage

Reaction score
Anybody know of a source where I can get an inexpensive regulator. I would like to get a two to three guage regulator. My main goal is to save money. This is more of what i'm after, I just only wanna spend half the price. --->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7532455344&category=57076&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

I want this one so I can have two taps set up, at different pressures. Just incase I want to force carbonate one keg, and still have one at serving pressure. Unless anybody has a better idea.

I am just a couple of steps away from kegging!! I just bought two 20# co2 tanks for 50 bucks! 4 remanufactured cornies for 60 bucks. All I need now is a cheap fridge, hoses and fittings, and a nice regulator.

Ed_Savage said:
Anybody know of a source where I can get an inexpensive regulator. I would like to get a two to three guage regulator. My main goal is to save money. This is more of what i'm after --->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7532455344&category=57076&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

I want this one so I can have two taps set up, at different pressures. Just incase I want to force carbonate one keg, and still have one at serving pressure. Unless anybody has a better idea.

I am just a couple step away from kegging!! I just bought two 20# co2 tanks for 50 bucks! 4 remanufactured cornies for 60 bucks. All I need now is a cheap fridge, hoses and fittings, and a nice regulator.

Why not just force carbonate AT serving pressure? Sure, you have to wait a few days longer before you can drink it, but lets face it, that will make the beer that much better. This is not a hobby for the impatient.

bikebryan said:
Why not just force carbonate AT serving pressure? Sure, you have to wait a few days longer before you can drink it, but lets face it, that will make the beer that much better. This is not a hobby for the impatient.

How will force carbonating at serving pressure over a few days vs. force carbing at 30 psi for one day (or a day and a half) make the beer better?

ORRELSE said:
How will force carbonating at serving pressure over a few days vs. force carbing at 30 psi for one day (or a day and a half) make the beer better?

I think he is referring to the fact that beer ages and tastes better after several weeks in the keg/bottle. So by force carbing over a longer period, the beer ages longer, thus making it better. I agree its a bit of a stretch....how much can the beer improve over 1 day vs 4 days, but it will have improved.

ssmif135 said:
Where did you get your two 20 lbs tanks at? I am looking at getting a couple myself

I check a website named Craig's List pretty much everyday until I find what Im looking for. There are usually many people selling homebrew stuff in my area on there. You should check it out. ---->http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

I found a lady about 2 miles from my house that had the two 20 pound tanks. She wanted $100 for both. They were a little beat up so I offered $50 for them and she bit the hook. Those tanks sell for $120 each filled at the local HBS's by me.

When I went to go have them filled at the local welding supply shop, they gave me BRAND NEW ones in exchange. YES!

I have found many deals on Craigslist. I found 75 brown and green flip top grolsh bottles for $40, A brand new propane burner and 28 quart pot for $20 bucks to name a few. (then I turned around and sold the pot only for $20 the next day) I see $5 dollar carboys on there daily, and lots of begginer kits. Once and a while there will be all grain stuff, and nice things like SS conical fermenters, but that stuff gets snatched up quick.

vtfan99 said:
I think he is referring to the fact that beer ages and tastes better after several weeks in the keg/bottle. So by force carbing over a longer period, the beer ages longer, thus making it better. I agree its a bit of a stretch....how much can the beer improve over 1 day vs 4 days, but it will have improved.

The other thing that improves the beer is the fact that the carbonation will be dead on. Cranking up the pressure and shaking the keg usually results, most of the time, in either under- or over-carbonated beer. By using the charts and dialing up the right pressure, used at the temp of the solution for the volumes of CO2 you need, will give you the exact result you want every time. The crank-and-shake method is a crap-shoot.

Latest posts

Back