Co2 pressire german weiss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gareth Collier

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls would any one know what co2 to pressure to set to prime festival german Weiss beer sent want to force carbonate just carbonate what would be best to set it at. Also would 12/13 psi be ok to serve. Much appreciate your wise and expert advice. Stay safe.

Gareth

I will risk making an ass of u and me and assume this is in a keg. If so, I’d pressurize and purge a bit a couple of times to clear air from the headspace, then go to 35 psi and leave it for a couple of days at room temp. Then hit it again to 35 PSI and leave it a week At room temp. When ready to serve, purge, recharge to 10 - 15 psi and chill. Should be well carbed and ready to drink. My experience is based on corny kegs and watching videos on youtu.be.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great reply. It makes sence what you say regarding 35psi as after I kegged I found on internet saying 15-20psi left for 3 days now in fridge and not carved up enough with give it 35 psi when I get home shake and clear air then leave for a day or a d check thanks again.

Thanks for the great reply. It makes sence what you say regarding 35psi as after I kegged I found on internet saying 15-20psi left for 3 days now in fridge and not carved up enough with give it 35 psi when I get home shake and clear air then leave for a day or a d check thanks again.

It carbs faster and needs less pressure if you chill it. I don’t have a lot of fridge space to store kegs so I use the longer room temp method. I also don’t have room for my CO2 tank in the fridge so I dose it back to 15 psi when it needs serving pressure. That usually happens 2 or 3 times before I finish a 2.5 gal corny keg.

Back