CO2 cylinder disconnect at keezer collar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billtzk

Reaction score
I want to put my CO2 cylinder outside of my keezer and run the gas line through the back of the collar. I want to be able to disconnect the CO2 bottle on the outside without losing pressure to my secondary valves and manifold.

It doesn't have to be a quick disconnect. I'm thinking that a shutoff valve installed in the gas line just outside the collar with a flare fitting on the cylinder side would work.

What kind of valve would work for this? Are there other options?

i have a MLF shank with the adapters to put ball lock disconnects on both sides. you can do it with a shank and MLF fittings as well, and screw the gas lines on inside and out. if youre using a manifold inside with check valves, then gas loss is not really a concern.

there are many ways to do it.

Ah, ok. You mean something like these?

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_46&products_id=2262
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produ...10234&osCsid=653779b4c0835241c054521f5f0fbd76

That would certainly do the trick. Those are both longer than I need. I only need one long enough to go through my 3/4 inch thick collar, but I believe I can make a short one.

I will have (as soon as some parts get here from McMaster Carr) a bank of three secondary regulators. Each will feed a three-valve manifold, so I'll be able to run three different pressures to my eight kegs. The manifolds all have check valves. I guess it won't hurt the secondary regulators to loose pressure.

Thank you for the solution.

I want to put my CO2 cylinder outside of my keezer and run the gas line through the back of the collar. I want to be able to disconnect the CO2 bottle on the outside without losing pressure to my secondary valves and manifold.
It doesn't have to be a quick disconnect.

I use quick disconnect with both side shut offs.

Gas_In1-1.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Do you have check valves on ALL your lines? I do, so I just use a air compressor disconnect. It was lying here taking up space.

Claudius's Discos are pretty nice and cheap.

Yes, Claudius' setup also looks nice. I wonder what that clear hose is rated for? I'm going to devote a couple of taps to soda, so I'll have higher pressure coming out of my tank going to my secondary regulators than I'd need just for beer. I guess about 35 or 40 psi. But anyway, you can do the same thing with that high pressure reinforced hose.

Yes, every manifold value is a check valve, nine of them in all. The secondary regs would get depressurized unless I put a valve between the bulkhead fitting and the secondaries. But I can't think of any reason why I'd really need to.

Back