CO2 Check Valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
Who's got the cheapest check valves for a CO2 distro? I'm starting to get some beer backing up into the co2 lines and I don't like it! :D Thanks!

For my portable dispensing rig, I use Inline Check Valves. When installed near the keg, the valves prevent liquid from backing-up into long gas runs.

7757kp1s.gif

Same check valve from US Plastic in action

199f74a8.jpg

If you can find an inline spring or ball check valve go for it.
The US Plastic are Diaphragm Check Valves giving me some occasional headache.
Look at lamarguy's check valve.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Off topic, but... what might I ask is the function of that device, looks like something I need to make. :)

Claudius, your kegs are PIMPED. I love the "clean" tag. I just use green electrical tape and put a strip on the handle. But then I forget to remove it. Most of my kegs are now patterned with electrical tape.

I love the ID tags you've got on your keg lid there ClaudiusB. Where did you buy/have them made up?

Trophy & sign place.

kpr121 said:
Dude you have a level sensor on your kegs?!?!
To tell me the end is near:D

ahave said:
Off topic, but... what might I ask is the function of that device, looks like something I need to make.

Which device, level sensor or check valve?

shortyjacobs said:
Claudius, your kegs are PIMPED. I love the "clean" tag. I just use green electrical tape and put a strip on the handle. But then I forget to remove it. Most of my kegs are now patterned with electrical tape.
I am obsessed with labels.:D
Labels for all occasions
100_5421.jpg

Fermenter-2-1.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

ClaudiusB

What are you using for the level sensor? If you don't mind sharing.

Thanks

Simple Reed switch and a float.
The floats are sold by most float switch vendors.
You can install multiple Reed's and resistors inside the tube and make the design to give increasing or deceasing resistance as tank empties with two wires.

NCKegLevelSensor1_SM.jpg

Reed switch
ReedSw1jpg.jpg

Mini (5mm ) Reed's are available.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Back