Co2 Bottles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manfish

Reaction score
Had to go exchange my 5# bottle today... and the guy working there was blown away that I was back in within 2 weeks... he said we must be drinking alot of beer. I said quite a bit, but not ALOT, no. He said that at serving pressure, 8-12psi, my 5# bottle should last me through 5 kegs. Anyone agree with that???

Sounds like you have a slow leak somewhere. Try spraying everything down with starsan solution (or soapy water) to check for leaks. You might also want to replace all of the o-rings on your kegs if you haven't already.

Sounds like you have a slow leak somewhere. Try spraying everything down with starsan solution (or soapy water) to check for leaks. You might also want to replace all of the o-rings on your kegs if you haven't already.

Spray everything down? So, like the entire keg or just the cap? How do you check for leaks?

Spray everything down? So, like the entire keg or just the cap? How do you check for leaks?

Spray every connection that could possibly be leaking. Any leaks should bubble from the soapy water. Start where the regulator connects to the to the tank and work your way through the whole system.

Spray every connection that could possibly be leaking. Any leaks should bubble from the soapy water. Start where the regulator connects to the to the tank and work your way through the whole system.

We did just that on the IPA I just put on the gas tonight... no bubbles anywhere. So when I go to add another on the gas, I will check it and go from there and so on with the 3rd one. I kinda hope to see something bubble so I will know whats been going on. Then again, I don't want a leak either.

Thanks!

I got around 18 kegs out of my last 20# tank, including carbing with CO2 and pushing from vessel to vessel on pressure and purging kegs and carboys before use.

I just put my sixth keg on with my 5 # tank. Use it for carbing and serving. There still is 1 pound in the tank. Weigh the tank, and subtract from the tare weight stamped on the tank.

Latest posts

Back