Co2 Bottles, valves and the King Keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've been using my king keg for a few years now in the same configuration as I bought it. It came with the pin valve for using 8g disposable cartridges. Now i'm brewing more often I thought i'd switch to a larger Co2 source.

I had orriginally though about the hambleton bard cylinders and the S30 valve, but i recently moved to sweden and I cant find a source for the BH cylinders anywhere. I then thought about soda stream using an adapter, but as far as my research has gone, the adapters only work for the older type of soda stream bottles.

what I can get here is the new type of soda stream bottle, and this (clicky). I think it's the same fitting as the new type soda stream but i'm not sure. is there any solution for me here? I thought perhaps there might be some way I could use the same gas connection as used on cornelius kegs? I plan to move to cornies when I have a bit more cash later in the year.

The final option for me is to try to find the 8g cylinders here in Sweden and continue with those until i can get a cornie system.

any ideas?

Another option might be to use 2L soda bottles and a Carbonator cap. The cap uses the same gas connector as a cornie.

Back