Co2 bottle and laying it on its side

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you can. CO2 in the tank is a liquid. So if you put the tank on its side, you could pull liquid up into your regulator which I'm guessing might be bad. I'm no expert though...just thinking out loud.

liquid in your reg = bad
Not sure if you can get an antisiphone tube installed in anything bigger than a paintball tank, but that is how we get arround it in paintball...

Mine is on it's side and has been for the last 3 months. I dont plan on monving it either ive had no ill effects aside from a leaky corny connection that resulted in 2 gallons of beer on the fridge floor.

You have to have an anti-siphon tube installed in the cylinder. they make them for large cylinders as well as paintball sized tanks.

Goodman is lucky his cylinder has one already, or he'd have run liquid CO2 into the regulator by now.

Same here
Mine is on it's side and has been for the last 3 months. I dont plan on monving it either ive had no ill effects aside from a leaky corny connection that resulted in 2 gallons of beer on the fridge floor.
Same here

Back