Cloudy/Yeasy Tasting Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gargon

Reaction score
This might just be me being impatient. but just bottle my pale ale and its cloudy and yeasty tasting.
used simple recipe 6 lb DME and California WL yeast it has been in the bottle for 2 weeks 1 week at 70-74 and other week around 65ish.
at the top tough it is clear so I'm wondering if this is common do i just need to wait a longer time for it to settle?

You'll have to post a bit more information.

How long did you ferment?
What temp did you ferment at?
Did you use a secondary fementor or only primary?
How long has it been in bottles?
Did you disturb the sediment in the bottle when you drank it?

1 week Primary 70-74
1 1/2 week Secondary 70-74
2 weeks in bottle 1 week 70-74 1 week at 65 ish
didn't really disturb settlement but noticed it being cloudy but the top of bottle is clear.
carbonation is there just wondering if i bring down the temp will it settle down? I'm guessing the cloudiness is causing the yeasty flavor

I'm more of a kegging person, but I would definitely try putting a couple in the fridge if you say the carbonation is good. It should cause more of the yeast to drop out of the beer and help clear it. You may still have some haze in the beer, but less yeast.

Back