Cloudy/Filmy Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerloin

Reaction score
Hey all - I kegged my first batch of an IPA (it is called that, but it doens't taste like it) and it is very cloudy. It tastes marginal (not my favorite) and i know that it is still kind of green, but towards the bottom of the glass, i see that it is leaving a cloudy film on the bottom of the glass. The recipe didn't call for a clarifier, so i am wondering if that is causing the issue (cloudiness/film) or if it could have been something else.

Any ideas?

thanks for your help!!!:rockin:

When did you brew? How long before you kegged? How long has it been in the keg?

I find about a week at keg temps + some gelatin will produce a pretty clear beer.

I made the mistake of all hopping a 60 min. boil on my first IPA. Surprisingly the beer didn't come out bad, as I like hard bite. My primary had a thick green layer on the bottom from it. I transferred to a secondary and reduced it by half. I bottle, so I would consider tranferring it to the bottling bucket one more time to reduce even more.

When did you brew? How long before you kegged? How long has it been in the keg?

I find about a week at keg temps + some gelatin will produce a pretty clear beer.

brewed 12/29
kegged 1/5 (set and forget carb) in keg ~3 weeks now

Latest posts

Back