cloudy beer when in fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie1980

Reaction score
am i doing something wrong my beer bottles are lovely and clear in the cupboard but when i place in fridge for a few days they become cloudy :(. all my beer is left 3 weeks primary then 3 weeks conditioning.

Its called chill haze. Its an epidemic problem among homebrewers and it must be stopped.

You can fight it by using something like whirlfloc or Irish moss, using gelatin, cold crashing, or leaving your beer in the fridge for a weeks before drinking.

Or you can enjoy your beer blindfolded. Happy brewing! !

I use a counterflow chiller. It's a huge pain to make sure that no debris gets from the kettle into the chiller. But it works really fast to get the boiling wort down to pitching temps. And the primary reason to get it down fast is to get a good cold break, which prevents chill haze (probably among other things).

ok thank you for replys... think i can live with it, its not too bad but just thought i was doing something wrong

Back