Closed transfer modification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suitbrewing

Reaction score
I have one of these fermentors

upload_2019-2-7_19-10-9.png

I am considering purchasing one of the below sets to be taken apart. The ball lock posts will be attached on the lid of my fermentor. I will also attach longer tubing.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GEN...62-4930-8a62-8d3403fcd710&transAbTest=ae803_5

Transfer:
The yeast will not be removed from the container.
The plan is to siphon the beer from the top (in line with Fermentasaurus to avoid excessive yeast transfer). I will cold crush before transfer.

Is that vessel pressure-rated? If not, and it would fail before the PRV on that fermantasaurus-type lid would release pressure, then watch out!

Edit: Looks like it's a milk can, so not pressure rated. If I were you, I'd take the PRV out of that lid and throw it away so you never run the risk of a pressure bomb. Pop an airlock bubbler in there during fermentation.

Last edited:
Is that vessel pressure-rated? If not, and it would fail before the PRV on that fermantasaurus-type lid would release pressure, then watch out!

Edit: Looks like it's a milk can, so not pressure rated. If I were you, I'd take the PRV out of that lid and throw it away so you never run the risk of a pressure bomb. Pop an airlock bubbler in there during fermentation.

I will not ferment under pressure.
I have an airlock as well!

I will only push the beer with co2

You actually helped me to realise that I should use the current airlock whole to install the Co2 posts and then run a blow off tube from there!

This way I will not have an extra whole that will need to be blocked.

Also thats not my exact container. Mine has a screw on top so it can hold enough pressure for a transfer!

Back