Cloning New England Brewing Company's Gandhi-bot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well recent batches of Gandhi have been blah compared to what it used to drink... Anything you think you'd change up? I want to brew this soon! Thanks for the update!

I'm not sure what I would change on that recipe. I'm going to try the recipe on the beginning of the thread. The last batch was great, but when I did a side by side test with real ghandi bot. They were two different brews.

Well recent batches of Gandhi have been blah compared to what it used to drink... Anything you think you'd change up? I want to brew this soon! Thanks for the update!

I wouldn't change anything on that recipe. The brew came out great, it just didn't taste like ghandi bot on a side by side taste test. I'm going to try the recipe on the beginning of this thread next and see where that gets me

This was the AG version I brewed from the recipe on this thread. I let it sit in a keg in the basement for a few months, so I dry hopped it with 1oz of Citra a few days before serving up for people. Me, friends and friends taking growlers have quickly gone through most of the keg.

While I thought it came out great, especially with the Citra dry hop, it wasn't really Gandhi. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421129994.230136.jpg

Ya... Such a bunch of crap... The beer has been around for how long.. And all of a sudden it's a problem for people halfway around the world...?? Give me a break..

IMO totally bunk how we/USA cater to the rest of the world. Most countries will require you to speak and learn the local culture not caring where you came from.

Any how of my soap box and getting this logged to brew.

Back to the beer... Thanks for your help Remmy.. I brewed this on Friday and my brew day went absolutely flawless.. Everything except my OG was perfectly spot on... I pitched my yeast and woke up to my first floor smelling of Gandhi... It's a beautiful thing... Any idea what could throw my OG off..? It was 1.070 right after pitching my yeast..

And I wound up going the extract route.. BTW

Bumpski!!

I brewed this and let it sit for a few weeks after it was bottled and it tastes good... Good, not Gandhi... I have brewed two IIPAs, this being the second one.. And both have a similar taste.. It's a very fruity taste. But not a citrousy taste.. I can't put my finger on it to describe it.. If anyone is local to the shelton, Stratford area and might be willing to give me a hand in figuring out what the taste is and if there's any way I can get some input so I know what it is...?

Hey everyone. Big fan of NEBCo and Gandhi Bot. I thought I would make a clone recipe based on what I think I know.

The beer tastes excellent and the aroma is very close to what you get from the real thing.

Recipe Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Efficiency: 70%
OG: 1.073
FG: 1.008
ABV: 8.6%
IBU: 90
Color: 4.5 SRM
Mash Temp: 151 F (Strike water at 167)
Mash Time: 60 min

Fermentables:
13 lbs Pilsner malt
0.25 lbs Caramunich malt (or Crystal 40-60L)
1.5 lb Corn Sugar (Dextrose) Added near end of boil

Hops:
1.00 oz Columbus (13.8%) @ First Wort Hop, 85 min
1.00 oz Columbus (13.8%) @ 15 min
1.35 oz Columbus (13.8%) @ 10 min
1.00 oz Columbus (13.8%) @ 5 min

5.00 oz Columbus, Dry hop 7 days
5.00 oz Simcoe, Dry hop 7 days

Yeast:
Two packets US05 dry yeast, rehydrated

Photo attached. Cheers!!

photo.jpg