Cleveland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrew2u

Reaction score
Going to Cleveland the 1st week of July is there's any brewerys that are,a must visit
,looking for a smaller local guy not really interested in great lakes
Any help would be appreciated thanks

I'm sorry you have to go to Cleveland :(

If the smell eventually gets to you, come up north a few hours and get some good beer in the mitten.

Oh and I see you're from Amherst. So you know how Lackawanna smells? That's what Cleveland smells like, but worse. Have a fun trip!

Fat Heads is a must.

I didn't visit Fat Head's brewery but had a couple of their brews at pubs and bottles shops. Very good.

I went to Great Lakes. It was average.

I was impressed with Cleveland's bottle shops too. Lots of good selections for local and afar. Maybe it's just from where I live but I found a lot of beers that just don't seem to make it over the Appalachians. Even chain restaurants had good tap lists. Get on Untapped and check out the menus of general restaurants.

Lot's of amazing places. I live 10 min from downtown. So many new breweries opening up, it's hard to keep track.

Collision Bend:
They just opened up. My 25th birthday is Saturday July 1st and I will be going there that evening for the first time. I usually don't recommend something I've never been to, but I have heard nothing but great things and the view is great. See picture #1 (taken from their facebook)

Masthead Brewing Co.:

Also a new brewery, I have been here a few times. Really solid beers and awesome neapolitan pizza! Kid friendly as well.

Hansa Brewery:
My friend is the brewer there. Awesome biers and German food. Really awesome environment. See pic #2. Across the street from Great Lakes.

The Brew Kettle:
Half a mile away from my apartment, but they have the best smoked wings I have ever had. Awesome with their White Rajah IPA or El Lupulo Libre double ipa.

Some other breweries worth mentioning: Fat Heads (for obvious reasons), The Bottlehouse, Brick & Barrel, Butcher & The Brewer.

Great Lakes is fun to go to, but as much as I like drinking their beer, I go there for the food. Would much rather eat at Townhall across the street though.

Collision Bend.jpg

hansa.jpg

I'm sorry you have to go to Cleveland :(

If the smell eventually gets to you, come up north a few hours and get some good beer in the mitten.

Oh and I see you're from Amherst. So you know how Lackawanna smells? That's what Cleveland smells like, but worse. Have a fun trip!

Please...Typical Wolverines fan. Go Buckeyes!!!!

Any state with Detroit in it, shouldn't be throwing rocks at anyone. :D

BTW - Lackawana doesn't smell anymore. They shut down the steel plant 20 years ago.

Actually, curious question: Collision Bend? Is that when the river caught on fire or was that the other incident? :)

Don't worry. People now swim in Boston Harbor. That use to be the place to dump bodies. And partially swim in the Charles River (from the song Dirty Water). They're still pulling bodies out of there.

I think collision bend is where the big freighters have to make a tight turn on the river. Some of them are 600+ ft long. They get really close to hitting the wall. It's cool to see.

If you do fatheads for food, the north olmsted location has a full menu. If you are looking for a light bar menu (pizza/brat etc) and grabbing a couple of beers, their production brewery/tap house is less than 5 minutes from the airport.

Any recomendations near the ball park? going to see the tribe crush the Yankees there 3 games in August.

Any recomendations near the ball park? going to see the tribe crush the Yankees there 3 games in August.

Butcher and the Brewer on East 4th is a must, Barrio Tacos (awesome build your own taco place and always an awesome tap list). Both are literally next to Progressive. Taco Bell Cantina just opened nearby too haha (Nice Taco Bell with alcohol). One of my personal favorite, smaller bars I like to go to before Tribe games is Wilberts. Good food and cheap drinks. It's also 2 feet away from the stadium. There's also The Corner Alley, which is a bowling alley with decent food, and good tap list for after the game if you feel like hanging out with a bunch of Cleveland State college kids haha. It's fun though. Also Michael Symon has Mabels BBQ on East 4th also.

Masthead, Noble Beast, Brick and Barrel (just to name a few) are all a short uber ride away. Great Lakes also has a shuttle that will take you to Progressive Field and back if that's your thing but they aren't open Sundays.

I know it's a lot haha.. if you're looking for any more specific recommendations let me know.

Butcher and the Brewer on East 4th is a must, Barrio Tacos (awesome build your own taco place and always an awesome tap list). Both are literally next to Progressive. Taco Bell Cantina just opened nearby too haha (Nice Taco Bell with alcohol). One of my personal favorite, smaller bars I like to go to before Tribe games is Wilberts. Good food and cheap drinks. It's also 2 feet away from the stadium. There's also The Corner Alley, which is a bowling alley with decent food, and good tap list for after the game if you feel like hanging out with a bunch of Cleveland State college kids haha. It's fun though. Also Michael Symon has Mabels BBQ on East 4th also.

Masthead, Noble Beast, Brick and Barrel (just to name a few) are all a short uber ride away. Great Lakes also has a shuttle that will take you to Progressive Field and back if that's your thing but they aren't open Sundays.

I know it's a lot haha.. if you're looking for any more specific recommendations let me know.

You had me at "taco bar".;)

I've never been, but I like their beers in cans. Especially the "palesner."

Congrats to the Indians on winning an American League Record 21 games in a row this afternoon! Let's get to the WS and win it all!!

Anyone else make it through all 13 innings last night? Go Tribe!!:ban:

Back