Ohio Cleveland Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridenour64

Reaction score
Anyone brewing near the Cleveland area, more specifically, towards mentor? Or know of amy groups/clubs. Always looking to learn more. And I don’t have any friends that brew.

Thanks RPG I’ll take a look. And I actually go to brew mentor frequently. Haven’t asked about clubs though. I will now, thanks!

Any Cleveland brewers want to get together for a beer in Ohio city area to discuss brew things and have a casual beer ? Let me know it may be fun to meet other home brewers in the area.

Also does anyone have anything they want to sell post it here first could save on shipping for local folks

Any Cleveland brewers want to get together for a beer in Ohio city area to discuss brew things and have a casual beer ? Let me know it may be fun to meet other home brewers in the area.

Also does anyone have anything they want to sell post it here first could save on shipping for local folks

Are you apart of any of the clubs in the area?

Hey, I just realized I didn’t respond to this. I’d be interested.

No not yet, but i was checking into some. I am thinking about going to the snobs club meeting. Anyone here anything about that club??

I am always down to grab a beer and talk about brewing. I work in Ohio City so theres a few good options near me.

I’m in Cleveland Heights, started brewing (all grain) at the beginning of this year.

I just started all grain in February so I’m new as well. I’ll be kegging my first batch here in a week or so. I made the American pale ale from palmer’s “How to brew”. Took a sample today and it tasted good!

No not yet, but i was checking into some. I am thinking about going to the snobs club meeting. Anyone here anything about that club??

I am always down to grab a beer and talk about brewing. I work in Ohio City so theres a few good options near me.

I was in Ohio City yesterday checking out Bad Tom Smith and revisited a few places I hadn’t been to in a few years (market garden, nano, and hansa). I’ll have to get ahold of you sometime.

I was in Ohio City yesterday checking out Bad Tom Smith and revisited a few places I hadn’t been to in a few years (market garden, nano, and hansa). I’ll have to get ahold of you sometime.

What did you think of Bad Tom Smith??

I also heard Hansa was good from the guy at cleveland brew shop.

Bad Tom Smith wasn't great. I won't be going back. Can't say enough good things about Hansas beer but the service is usually pretty slow (at least every time I go).

Anyone brewing near the Cleveland area, more specifically, towards mentor? Or know of amy groups/clubs. Always looking to learn more. And I don’t have any friends that brew.
I live in Mentor and go to The Brew Mentor all the time. They are actually having a brew forum tonight at 5:30 pm. I think Little Mountain Brewing Club might still be around but never really checked into it. I brew BIAB in my garage and get all supplies from The Brew Mentor. Cheers

i have been to one SNOBS club meeting and i will be joining, there is a wide array of home brewers there. Everyone was down to earth and willing to share & discuss their home brewing. Lots of home brew to sample too. Check out there web site.

Brew Mentor is doing a "Big Brew" event on May 4. I've got no idea what it is, but saw it on Facebook and will probably swing by if time permits.

Were doing a Big Brew day on May 4th at Vine N hop in Brunswick as well. Good opportunity to check out a lot of different brewing systems and methods. I'll be brewing!

10am - 5pm. There will be electric brewing, small batch brewing and standard cooler mash tun/propane burner brewing. Should be fun!

Did either of you guys end up joining the SNOBS group? If so, thoughts?

Alive and well. Never ended up meeting with anyone in the chat. I did end up going to a SNOBs meeting. Likely won’t become a member though. Still brewing frequently. I have a dortmunder export chugging along in my fermenter currently. An IPA and a saison on tap.

@RPh_Guy seems to be a wealth of information. I enjoy reading your posts on various topics.

I’m in North Ridgeville, new brewer on batch 4 with an Oktoberfest Lager. Working on lining up a mini fridge with an ink bird for the lagering process.

Summer ale bottle conditioning currently, the 12th can’t come soon enough!

Nice! This dortmunder is my first time doing a lager so I’m excited to see how it turns out. My record keeping for past brews is pretty poor so I don’t know how many batches I’ve done. I’d say at least 10 though. 5 gallon batches. I’m in Eastlake Ohio BTW. I do EBIAB. I ferment in a unitank and I have a DIY glycol chiller. The unitank is nice to have but I’ve been considering simplifying there. I keg, sometimes bottle with my beer gun. I want to start bottling more though because there just something about cracking a lid off the bottle that I prefer over the keg.

If anyone on here is on Instagram, I post some of my brewing stuff on their. Search “Ridenour64”

Lyndhurst and just did 2 brews this weekend - Braufessor's NEIPA and Zaphod's Oztoberfest. One neighbor down the street brews and I'm getting another into it.
Wish I could make it out to more of the Little Mountain meetings or Brew Mentor sessions but my schedule was pretty variable up until covid put a damper on everything.

I’m in North Ridgeville, new brewer on batch 4 with an Oktoberfest Lager. Working on lining up a mini fridge with an ink bird for the lagering process.

Summer ale bottle conditioning currently, the 12th can’t come soon enough!

I'm in Brook Park, but my fiance and I have been looking into building in North Ridgeville to get out of Cuyahoga county. Hope the summer ale turns out great!

I've been to Bad Tom Smith... Low quality beer in my opinion.

I've only had a couple beers from Hansa but they seem good.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but yes these statements are correct. The best bet I've found is at Jolly Scholar on the Case Western University grounds. Excellent!

I went to Bad Tom Smith a few weeks back. This is their NEIPA. It was pretty gross.

Attachments

• 922C92FF-FCF0-4F39-8EE8-46B70E6DF1D8.jpeg
    922C92FF-FCF0-4F39-8EE8-46B70E6DF1D8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • EC8D8250-E0ED-428C-BD85-211402D9D47D.jpeg
    EC8D8250-E0ED-428C-BD85-211402D9D47D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
I moved from downtown to Avon Lake. Have two brews under my belt in the new place. Waiting 18 months on a Oud Bruin, and just did a Vedette clone using Kviek (A44). Brewed a few times downtown, but having a HOUSE is superior to apartment living, for sure! Cheers!

Jolly was pretty good last I had it - used to work there back before they brewed, and my only complaint now is that I wish it felt less like a college bar. Haven't been there since Aaron left to start Planted Flag, but have still heard great things.

I really wish we had more options on the east side.

Jolly was pretty good last I had it - used to work there back before they brewed, and my only complaint now is that I wish it felt less like a college bar. Haven't been there since Aaron left to start Planted Flag, but have still heard great things.

I really wish we had more options on the east side.

On that note of Aaron, Medina is killing it lately. I went to the Planted Flag soft opening right before Covid shut everything down, and still occasionally go there for take out lunch and growlers. Really good beer and his wife running the kitchen seems to be working out very well. Wrecking Crew in Medina is awesome too.

But yeah, sticking on topic, East side options aren't great. No more Willoughby or Brim now either.

On that note of Aaron, Medina is killing it lately. I went to the Planted Flag soft opening right before Covid shut everything down, and still occasionally go there for take out lunch and growlers. Really good beer and his wife running the kitchen seems to be working out very well. Wrecking Crew in Medina is awesome too.

But yeah, sticking on topic, East side options aren't great. No more Willoughby or Brim now either.

Has anyone tried Crooked Pecker Brewing in Chagrin Falls?

Back