• We have a new forum and it needs your help! Homebrewing Deals is a forum to post whatever deals and specials you find that other homebrewers might value! Includes coupon layering, Craigslist finds, eBay finds, Amazon specials, etc.

Ohio Cleveland Ohio

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Ridenour64

Reaction score
Anyone brewing near the Cleveland area, more specifically, towards mentor? Or know of amy groups/clubs. Always looking to learn more. And I don’t have any friends that brew.

hedgie57

Reaction score
Try stopping in at The Brew Mentor(brew shop). They would know of any local clubs.

OP
Ridenour64

Ridenour64

Reaction score
Thanks RPG I’ll take a look. And I actually go to brew mentor frequently. Haven’t asked about clubs though. I will now, thanks!

nick sekerak

Reaction score
Any Cleveland brewers want to get together for a beer in Ohio city area to discuss brew things and have a casual beer ? Let me know it may be fun to meet other home brewers in the area.

Also does anyone have anything they want to sell post it here first could save on shipping for local folks

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Any Cleveland brewers want to get together for a beer in Ohio city area to discuss brew things and have a casual beer ? Let me know it may be fun to meet other home brewers in the area.

Also does anyone have anything they want to sell post it here first could save on shipping for local folks
Are you apart of any of the clubs in the area?

OP
Ridenour64

Ridenour64

Reaction score
Hey, I just realized I didn’t respond to this. I’d be interested.

nick sekerak

Reaction score
No not yet, but i was checking into some. I am thinking about going to the snobs club meeting. Anyone here anything about that club??

I am always down to grab a beer and talk about brewing. I work in Ohio City so theres a few good options near me.

ajf1994

Reaction score
I’m in Cleveland Heights, started brewing (all grain) at the beginning of this year.

OP
Ridenour64

Ridenour64

Reaction score
I just started all grain in February so I’m new as well. I’ll be kegging my first batch here in a week or so. I made the American pale ale from palmer’s “How to brew”. Took a sample today and it tasted good!

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
No not yet, but i was checking into some. I am thinking about going to the snobs club meeting. Anyone here anything about that club??

I am always down to grab a beer and talk about brewing. I work in Ohio City so theres a few good options near me.
I was in Ohio City yesterday checking out Bad Tom Smith and revisited a few places I hadn’t been to in a few years (market garden, nano, and hansa). I’ll have to get ahold of you sometime.

nick sekerak

Reaction score
I was in Ohio City yesterday checking out Bad Tom Smith and revisited a few places I hadn’t been to in a few years (market garden, nano, and hansa). I’ll have to get ahold of you sometime.
What did you think of Bad Tom Smith??

I also heard Hansa was good from the guy at cleveland brew shop.

RPh_Guy

Bringing Sour Back
Reaction score
I've been to Bad Tom Smith... Low quality beer in my opinion.

I've only had a couple beers from Hansa but they seem good.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Bad Tom Smith wasn't great. I won't be going back. Can't say enough good things about Hansas beer but the service is usually pretty slow (at least every time I go).

FlabbyRoach

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone brewing near the Cleveland area, more specifically, towards mentor? Or know of amy groups/clubs. Always looking to learn more. And I don’t have any friends that brew.
I live in Mentor and go to The Brew Mentor all the time. They are actually having a brew forum tonight at 5:30 pm. I think Little Mountain Brewing Club might still be around but never really checked into it. I brew BIAB in my garage and get all supplies from The Brew Mentor. Cheers

nick sekerak

Reaction score
i have been to one SNOBS club meeting and i will be joining, there is a wide array of home brewers there. Everyone was down to earth and willing to share & discuss their home brewing. Lots of home brew to sample too. Check out there web site.

Bent-Brewer

Reaction score
Brew Mentor is doing a "Big Brew" event on May 4. I've got no idea what it is, but saw it on Facebook and will probably swing by if time permits.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Were doing a Big Brew day on May 4th at Vine N hop in Brunswick as well. Good opportunity to check out a lot of different brewing systems and methods. I'll be brewing!

nick sekerak

Reaction score
I will have to check that out for sure Vine and hop is the best LHBS around. What time does the event run?

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
10am - 5pm. There will be electric brewing, small batch brewing and standard cooler mash tun/propane burner brewing. Should be fun!

OP
Ridenour64

Ridenour64

Reaction score
Did either of you guys end up joining the SNOBS group? If so, thoughts?