Cleaning Stainless Blichman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imperialipa

Reaction score
I have soaked this in StarSan overnight.
I have soaked it in PBW overnight

but there is a dull brown film on the bottom of my Blickmann that no matter how much I scrub wont go away.

Its probably not the end of the world but the anal retentive person in me wants the bottom just as shiney as the sides.

Any suggestions?

I'm assuming this is on the inside of the pot... could be beer stone build-up, especially if this is your boil kettle. Its a pain to get rid of, usually requiring some medium strength acid and some heavy scrubbing. Do a search for beer stone removal and you'll find numerous articles about it. Good luck.

Go to town with a green Scotch Brite pad and just about any type of dishwashing soap you have handy and eventually you'll get the insides bright again.

The long term cure is to get yourself a good case of OCD and thoroughly clean the pot every time you use it. My Blingmanns sparkle inside ;)

Cheers!

Actually, if it's beer stone, it's easy to remove. Use some Barkeeper's Friend with a touch of water, and a non-scratch (blue) ScotchBrite pad. Comes off with very little elbow grease.

Bar Keeper's Friend should remove this. Be careful, it will scratch mirrored stainless. And never use a metal scrubby on any type of stainless -- it will embed metal particles into the stainless and cause rust.

Go to town with a green Scotch Brite pad and just about any type of dishwashing soap you have handy and eventually you'll get the insides bright again.

The long term cure is to get yourself a good case of OCD and thoroughly clean the pot every time you use it. My Blingmanns sparkle inside ;)

Cheers!

This is what I use on mine after each brew. Gets rid of the light brown haze in less than 30 seconds. Shiny as new each time.

+1 on everyone's suggestion for Barkeeper's Friend, that's what i use to keep my Blichmann shiny clean. I usually use it every 3rd or 4th batch. Otherwise I clean with PBW.

Latest posts

Back