Cleaning out the closet and what is this?!?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balue

Reaction score
Well Happy Saturday to me! Doing some annual cleaning and I come across this tall box buried in the corner. Hmmm look at that there is a floating thermometer, hydrometer and test tube, caper, some caps and sanitizer in this small box inside it. :) Lets see what is under this small box. !!!!! Look at that a 5 gallon glass carboy still wrapped in bubble wrap. And what is this it is upside down in a brand new primary fermentation bucket and yup the lid is underneath the bucket! Looks pretty old so the caps and sanitizer stuff will be tossed. But all the other stuff is brand new! :ban:

LOL In the middle of typing this up, SWMBO just called for me yelling "Hey, there is a grain mill in here too!!!" Sure enough a counter top grain mill with plastic hopper jug in a box labeled "Grain mill"

Basically I just found an entire brew kit that had been hiding from me for many years in a box that I have looked at hundreds of times and never paid attention to it. :tank:

Now that I remember it my bro in law had received this from a friend of his that got it as a gift and had no desire to use it. I brought it home put it in the closet and forgot about it. Well now I I basically just added two fermenters to my brew shop! :mug:

I don't know what to envy more- your incredible discovery or the fact that your woman gets excited about a grain mill. That is one awesome Saturday.

I wish my house was that damned big with the kind of closet space where things go missing for years.

Balue, you're one lucky SOB... To find all that sweet hardware, PLUS having a woman that is also excited about brewing (or you brewing)...

Use them all to the fullest and make many great brews... :D

It's hard to hide something from yourself. Especially brewing equipment....nice find. Now where did you hide that big bag of herb that your buddy gave you?

I know how you feel. I often find things from a long time ago. Usually its a baby bottle under the bed that has what was once milk, or a turd my dog left behind the couch. What, I didn't say it was GOOD stuff.

I know I shouldn't but...

Bastard! ;)

Schlante,
Phillip

Make that an Arrogant Bastard! :mug:

Hahaha, yes it was a pretty nice find, I am still in shock about it. Cant believe I had it sitting there all along. Well it was not something I bought and even knew what all was in the box as I never opened it up. So it just kind of went out of sight out of mind from the get go.

Well heading off to Stone brewery winter storm event today! :cross: Gonna try some of their special limited brews and get some inspiration for the new equipment.

I'll bet your one of those guys that could fall into a pool full of D**KS and come up sucking on a tit!

or a turd my dog left behind the couch.

Dip it in resin and make a tap handle out of it!

I was actually musing about that yesterday.. Walking around the property looking for interesting pieces of wood to make tap handles out of... Noticed there were quite a few dog turds here an there....

I thought to myself... "hmmmm, I wonder... that might be worth it just for the look on peoples face!" :D

Dip it in resin and make a tap handle out of it!

I was actually musing about that yesterday.. Walking around the property looking for interesting pieces of wood to make tap handles out of... Noticed there were quite a few dog turds here an there....

I thought to myself... "hmmmm, I wonder... that might be worth it just for the look on peoples face!" :D

That's just nasty... Not to mention rather risky when it comes to sanitation... Think about it, if the resin isn't really thick enough to fully encase it, and/or the tap thread plug comes even a little lose, you could have all kinds of nasty bugs all over the place (that you cannot see) and possibly going into your brew... :eek:

A better idea, but more work, would be to take a mold of the interesting turd in question, and cast it in something with zero risk to it. Or, use some modeling clay to replicate it and use that to make the mold... You could even get the dog to put it's paw into it, for effect (or to 'sign' it)... :D

That's just nasty... Not to mention rather risky when it comes to sanitation... Think about it, if the resin isn't really thick enough to fully encase it, and/or the tap thread plug comes even a little lose, you could have all kinds of nasty bugs all over the place (that you cannot see) and possibly going into your brew... :eek:

A better idea, but more work, would be to take a mold of the interesting turd in question, and cast it in something with zero risk to it. Or, use some modeling clay to replicate it and use that to make the mold... You could even get the dog to put it's paw into it, for effect (or to 'sign' it)... :D

or just buy a fake turd... but hey, what's a little poop in your beer gonna hurt, anyways! :p

I knew this girl many years ago.. Gorgeous, great sense of humor, lots of fun...

She had this strange hobby of collecting fake turds.. Had all sorts of them.. had hats & caps with fake turds on them, brooches, necklaces, you name it...

She even had a jewelry display case with lights in her living room to display them... Funny as well... shyt!
:mug:

Back