cleaning kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antony

Reaction score
i just acquired a couple of kegs & will soon be getting a kegerator from my brother in law. I know about cleaning the lines on the fridge but what about cleaning the keg itself? These were second hand & although the outsides are nice & sharp, I have my doubts about the junk on the inside.

any pointers, links, etc. about where I should get started?

thanks in advance

yes it is. good point. lots of info on cleaning lines. i found the keg info as well, just a little deeper on the page. figure i would ask while i looked...sorry for clogging up the board.

Sometimes it's easy to get ahead of yourself - homebrewing will do that!

I typically break the keg apart and use a hot oxyclean soak overnight. Store upside down. sanitize before the next use. I usually clean the lines when the keg taps out. Look for some more kegs. You will find you need more for rotation.

Ditto beerward. Good soak to begin with, then follow up soaks as needed each batch. I just run the oxyclean through the lines after each keg empties.

Latest posts

Back