Clash of Clans!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obie

Reaction score
Anybody else here play Clash of Clans? I have my own clan, As Palaces Burn, and I am having the hardest time finding active players you participate in the clan wars. Every time I start a clan war, at least 5 people leave during the war before playing their turns, which absolutely hoses any chance of winning.

I just cleaned house today, kicked out almost everyone because they either dont donate or they dont play. Time to rebuild!

There is a few threads on here with homebrewers who play. Finding any players who are loyal to a clan are few and far between so good luck on that. I'd advise joining one of the clans on here, where you will likely have better luck with consistency.

I almost walked away from the game due to the frustration of war bailers and kid drama. I happened upon an adult crew, all US players, no drama, and all players must use both attacks in war. It is a fun group of active players. I will pm the clan number if you are interested in joining. Good luck and war on!

Anybody else here play Clash of Clans? I have my own clan, As Palaces Burn, and I am having the hardest time finding active players you participate in the clan wars. Every time I start a clan war, at least 5 people leave during the war before playing their turns, which absolutely hoses any chance of winning.

I just cleaned house today, kicked out almost everyone because they either dont donate or they dont play. Time to rebuild!

I'm in a clan with mostly guys I work with. I'm pretty new, so not a major contributor, but we have fun with it.

Hey peeps... Check out Homebrew (green/white shield), a level 4 adult clan of likeminded homebrewers. We war a few times a week and even though we lose as much as we win, have fun with it. It's a good group of folks who donate willingly, too. 2k trophies and TH 8+ are preferred but if you are close and come from the forum, we'd have you all the same. Give it a look if you are a high level CoC'r and let them know I sent you (then get promptly laughed at ;-) ).

-BD

Hmmm. Someone kicked my son's digital sand castle over. Hopefully learning is shown. Allow me to explain:

My son started playing Clash of Clans a while back with a couple kids from his TKD studio. He's already learned a hard lesson about in-game purchases so I wasn't too concerned about that but this was the first time he'd been involved in a game with access to the internet at large. In order to understand what he started talking about non-stop I downloaded the game onto my tablet and joined his clan. I specifically requested a "normal" membership because I wanted the kids to manage their own clan. I piped up with tactical, operational, and strategic TTPs every now and then but all clan decisions like membership invites were solely the domain of the kids.

I noticed some things that bothered me right away. The clan is open and anyone can join. I was hoping that the clan would stay within the kids' circle of friends but the kids needed more players in their clan in order to do some advanced things so I kept my mouth shut. Another incentive that the kids used to bring in members was to promote people as soon as they joined in order to encourage them to stay - Clash of Clans players are a fickle bunch, you see. Again, alarm bells were ringing inside my head but I did an admirable job of keeping my mouth shut.

So this morning I saw a little notice on the top of my tablet that I had "Clan Mail". Since I'm on vacation I've got a little more time to play so I logged in to find out that I had been kicked out of the clan and banned from re-joining by one "Brock Lesnar". Evidently one of the anonymous new members had entered the clan, gotten promoted, and then kick/banned all the members he could before leaving the clan. Needless to say my son and the other leader were distraught. I was also much less than quiet.

The good news is that it's a game. And no money is being lost/spent by the kids so it's not a big deal. This is also the perfect time for everyone to learn a little bit about human nature, the internet, and how people who have WWE-themed screen names are not to be trusted. Overall I could not have created a better object lesson about the principles of trust and verification if I had tried. So thank you Brock Lesnar. My kids learned a couple of very good lessons from your antics and I can only hope that you learn the same lessons sometime soon.

Last edited:
Back