Citrus IPA label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTbrewer

Reaction score
Here is my second attempt at a label! It is for my tap handles! Let me know what you think! :mug:

Citrus_IPA.jpg

From a design perspective theres a few things I'll point out, but art is such a personal thing no one can tell you what's right or wrong.

The letters in front of the oval don't make visual sense since you used a scroll, which makes you expect the letters to be on the scroll. A wavy bar of color or some other graphic might work with the 3 different layers, but the blank paper doesn't make sense.

Also, the image I'm guessing is supposed to be hops? When I first saw it I thought it was something under water. It looks like some kind of green walls in the ocean for some reason (maybe some of the white edges giving me the impression of bubbles).

By the way, I really liked your books and dark glass label; that had a lot of character.

Also not sure about the colors...the yellow works with the green and the blue works with the yellow, but there seems to be a whole lot going on. The name letters are B&W, the beer letters are orange (and two different sizes), the background yellow, the image mostly green with a small strip of blue that seems out of place. I think it lacks harmony...everything is fighting for my attention.

dirt55 - Love me some RBF! I was surprised no one else I have seen has the quote!

Noontime - Thanks for all the feedback! I was proud of my first attempt and wanted to make something more citrus/hop themed and I wasn't sure how to incorporate a "book" theme so I went with the scroll. Colors were hard to get to show up on the green. Orange was citrus-ey and showed up well so I went with that.

JedSmithBrewery - Thanks!

anyone know how to get a shadow behind text in photoshop?

Double click the text layer(s). A window should come up. Check off "Drop Shadow" and select the tab. A bunch of options should be there (distance/opacity/spread/etc.).

Back