Shippo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rish

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
@shetc told us about using Shippo for shipping beers for 12 Beers of Christmas (thanks!). My wife handled the shipping for me and found that the cost of my 10 items was $88.28 on Shippo vs. $180.69 UPS. Shipping for my granddaughter's birthday present was $8.50 vs. $11.50. Not shilling for Shippo, just letting y'all know.

So this got me curious. I'd never heard of Shippo before now. I just looked them up, and it seems they're the same as Expedia or Hotels, in that they don't do the discounts, they just find the best rates for you. Nice find.

Nice! I know a lot of guys that ship beers for comps use Pirate Ship and Parcel Monkey, probably similar to Shippo in where they find the best rates.

So this got me curious. I'd never heard of Shippo before now. I just looked them up, and it seems they're the same as Expedia or Hotels, in that they don't do the discounts, they just find the best rates for you. Nice find.
I think how these companies work is they help small shippers qualify for bulk shipping rates. You and definitely get cheaper rates through Shippo than you can find on individual shipping sites. I have used Shippo a few times. You pay your money to Shippo, and they seem to take over some of the responsibilities (I think you have to deal with Shippo if you have problems, vs directly with USPS/UPS/FedEx).

I think how these companies work is they help small shippers qualify for bulk shipping rates. You and definitely get cheaper rates through Shippo than you can find on individual shipping sites. I have used Shippo a few times. You pay your money to Shippo, and they seem to take over some of the responsibilities (I think you have to deal with Shippo if you have problems, vs directly with USPS/UPS/FedEx).
A buying group, then.

Back