Cilantro in beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigPoppa502

Supreme Leader & Brew Master - Derby City Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of someone using cilantro in beer before? I was thinking about refreshing summer flavors and the cilantro lime combo came up in conversation. I was just curious if anyone has tried or heard of this combo in a brew.

Yes, I've heard of this before and you should do this. I love cilantro, at least in food. I think it would be great in beer. Maybe add some coriander as well for some citrus flavor. If you do this keep us updated.

My LHBS has a Saison kit that has cilantro in it. I was planning on doing a lime-cilantro Saison in the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking that cilantro would be awesome in a cascade hopped IPA, or possibly a light lager.

neosapien said:
cilantro with a whopping handful of cascade. mmmmmmmmmm

Now that you mention it, I may have to try the cascade-cilantro IPA first :)

Thanks for the replies. I had forgotten that coriander and cilantro were indeed the same plant. I expect that the plant leaves would bitter the beer some as opposed to the coriander/seeds. I must have read it somewhere and forgotten the combo, but hearing that you all have done this, I'm sure to try it now. Thanks again!

Back