Cigar fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It passed the dollar bill test very well.

Why not tap? My tap tests out the same as distilled, literally, so i'm not too worried.

Minerals in tap water...also will increase your humidity VERY rapidly. Use distilled water for sure...it's a buck or two at Walmart for a gallon and it lasts a while.

For the past 10 years or so I’ve really cut out cigars a lot. I’m down to about 30 or so in the humidor and I smoke just a few times a year. Thank goodness cigars keep well (easily 10 plus years) in the right environment.

Hooray Cigars!

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I've gotten catalogs from Cigar International and Thompson Cigar. Seems like CI has more packages of random brandname cigars and TC has brandname or TC labeled cigars. Anyone have any experience with Thompson Cigar brands? Are they TC made or just relabeled?

So first up was the Padilla Miami, and it SUCKS. It tastes like cigarette smoke smells.

Next up is the CAO. High hopes for that one

I'm not a huge fan of Padilla either, but I do quite like most of the CAO cigars I have tried. Which series within CAO did you get? The ones I like the best from them so far are the La Traviata, but I also love the MX2, LX2, Sopranos, and although expensive here, the Americas weren't bad

So first up was the Padilla Miami, and it SUCKS. It tastes like cigarette smoke smells.

Next up is the CAO. High hopes for that one

CAO can be great but they seam to be hit or miss for many people. I would recommend that you try a perdomo 10th anniversary champagne or a casa magna Colorado

So after about two hours i sat down and smoked the CAO while watching the charlie sheen roast. Really enjoyed that cigar. It has a strong flavor, but after about 6-8 puffs on it you really aquire the taste for it. I smoked that one till nothing was left.

Next up is the 5 Vegas unless you guys suggest another. heres what i have

-1-Partagas
-1-Hoyo de Monterrey
-1-5 Vegas Cask Strength II
-1-Sancho Panza
-1-Macanudo Cru Royale
-1-Cohiba 'Red Dot'
-1-La Gloria Cubana
-1-Joya de Nicaragua

Many cigars will actually change flavor as you smoke them, you will notice. This is why many reviews that you read will describe it in terms of 1st, 2nd and 3rd third.

Many cigars will actually change flavor as you smoke them, you will notice. This is why many reviews that you read will describe it in terms of 1st, 2nd and 3rd third.

Yup. Often referred to as the "finish". A cigar having a finish when smoked to about 75% of the way down is one of the main qualities I like best.

Also I like a cigar with "tooth". This is the showing of very tiny bumps - less than the size of a pin head - near the burning tip. It indicates the presence of tobacco oils in the wrapper; something that carries the flavor for a cigar.

Been into good cigars for many years. After dinner a nice Macanudo Crystal or Hampton Court is very soothing. Goes well with some nice bourbon also. I smoked many real Cubans over the years and some were very nice and others very strong to the point of getting nausious after/during smoking. I started with Thompson Cigar Co and they still have decent deals. I usually just keep a small cup of water in my humidor which I check on every few months. Pretty low maintainance. Keeps humidity level in right range.

beerloaf

Back