Cider... the Lazy Way...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkewedBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, last October I bought some cider to mix with Rum, etc. for Halloween. Well, seeing as I'm not married and I live alone I can be known to be lazy and stereotypically a bachelor.

Well, in one of those instances I left this quarter gallon of cider in the back of my fridge, and today I decided to throw it out...

And there it is, the krausen has fallen and everything. Pretty cool. I don't think I'll taste it though...

dsc014272.jpg
dsc014281.jpg
dsc014261.jpg

I would guess that is has fermented, and it is probably quite good. I had a half gallon of fresh squeezed cider that got forgotten in the fridge. When I found it, the cider was nicely carbonated and had fermented quite a bit. I drank it and enjoyed it.

The experience made me think about what cider may have been like in colonial times. Make the cider and leave it outside in a barrel. The further into the winter, the harder it got :)

Back