Cider Taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jugs20f

Reaction score
Hi Made some cider woohoo...well not so much...lol made about a month ago and it looks like cider smells like cider, but the taste is really missing body...we have left it to mature...well its the only thing we could think of...its added a little flavour but not much and was wonderin if there is anything we can add to give it a boost..and would u know where to get if from?...prefferably on the net...or we best slinging it and starting a new...a little confession is we added apple plup at the beginnin... the only thing we did different to the instructions.

thanks for reading

xxxxx

I moved this to the cider thread for you, so you'll get more responses.

Cider really needs time- I think like 8 months of aging in the carboy will make it much, much better. But there are some cider experts around here than can be more helpful than I am. They'll give better advice, I'm sure.

Is it still or have u carbed it? I'm sure if u didn't mind diluting it a little bit, you could add some more apple juice? Maybe that would add some more body... If you don't find it satisfying enough though, you could always 'accidentally' turn it into applejack, by 'accidentally' freezing it. :D

Well, its kinda a weak cider already just under the 5%, all we have done is left it in the demi-johns, we are going to barrel it eventually and carb it that way but dont wanna do it if theres is a way of adding to the alcohol content *smiles cheekily*and also the body...but if we can up the percentage id be happy to add apple juice..

Thanks for the responce

Steph xx

Try some honey (about2-3 lb). Adds alcohol but does dry the cider out so you may have to backsweeten by adding table sugar. Be sure to add k sorbate first to inhibit yeast. Also try some spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice

Back