Cider conditioning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallsc111

Reaction score
I have a cider that has hit finial gravity, my thought is to put it in the fridge to clarify before bottling. Is that the right thing to do or will I ruin it? mMy house is set at 80* for the summer and I can't afford to set any lower, if that is too hot please give suggestions if you got any.

Thanks,

MC

I have a few small batches of berry flavored apple cider. They've been in the secondary long enough to bottle but only recently have started to clarify. My question is will they continue to clarify if I prime, bottle, carb & pasterize? Or should I wait until they finish clarifying?

The more you let it clarify now, the smaller the eventual yeast cake will be on the bottom of your bottles. Some people find this to be acceptable, some don't. Just a personal preference thing. But they will clarify in the bottle.

My Apple-cranberry cider. I didn't use pectin enzyme and it's not clear. But, boy does it taste good!

image-3851110733.jpg

Back