Chugger Pump Availability Pool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobolstinks

Reaction score
I built my wallace style stand, just need a pump. Been waiting for a chugger for a couple of months, the new shipment was supposed to be available for sale ~23March.

I thought it would be appropriate to start a pool for the date they will actually be available for purchase, so that we can occupy ourselves while we not brewing and patiently wait for a pump. :(

Ill go first I pick April 23rd 2012.

Actually was asking about the price diff between the chugger and a march.

Ok my bad, I'm not sure i think chuggers go for ~$130 and march pumps seem to run ~$160. I think im going to just go march pumps.

Ill probably just get one of these guys:
http://morebeer.com/view_product/11622//March_High_Temperature_Brewing_Pump_-_High_Flow

although im confused on what the difference is between the pump above and this one:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/march-815-pl-pump-6-foot-power-cord-and-plug.html

They are different models but seem to have the same specs...

If the price is that close, why wait forever for a pump? I got my march for ~150 shipped from NB. Got to me in like 4 days.

:confused:

If the price is that close, why wait forever for a pump? I got my march for ~150 shipped from NB. Got to me in like 4 days.

This has been gone over ad nauseam, but the $150 march is a poly head and the chugger is a stainless. One would have to make the decision for themselves as to whether stainless is important to them. The stainless head march is about double the price you paid.

$150 March Pump = Plastic Housing
$139 Chugger Pump = Stainless Housing

There's your difference.

The Chugger plastic pump is $99.

Back