Christmas Beer Lables 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtfeld

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread specifically for Christmas brews...so here's mine.

Bad Santa beer lable 2011800x600.JPG

I posted this in another thread, but I'll add it here too. It's at least winter-themed.

BeerLabel%20winter%20warmer%20wheat%20%232%20Nov11%20label.jpg

Awesome labels!

What are you all using to create them and how big do you make them for a 12oz and 750ml bottles?

Thanks for the help

This is one I've been working on. Not a Christmas label, but input would be great.

beer label comrade murphy.jpg

Native302 I use the freeware program Inkscape. I watched many youtube turtorials to learn the program (no prior experience with graphics art programs). Our brewery places labels on 12 and 22 oz bottles. We have different shape 12 oz bottles but for the most part our labels are 4 x 7.75 inches....22 oz bottles are slightly larger but off the top of my head I am not sure the sizes.

Thanks for the feedback. Happy Holidays!

I use the most popular program for photo shopping images that I will not name here :) My label is 6x13cm, not counting the loop for the bottleneck.

What are you all using to create them and how big do you make them for a 12oz and 750ml bottles?

Hi there fellow 302'er! :mug:
I've been using a simple method: I take a picture, or find a suitable image using google. I upload the image to BeerLabelizer (choose one of the bottles that allows you to upload a picture).

Then, I save the resulting label as a JPEG, and copy the JPEG into Microsoft Powerpoint. I resize it to 3.25" high. I add the text boxes to the left and right side of the image with the beer description and the funny "government warning" text, making the final label 3.25" high X 4" wide.

I can fit 4 lables on a landscape 8.5x11" sheet of paper. I use the same size lable for all bottles. Print, cut out, and glue to bottles with gluestick or milk.

Note: I have also added the text boxes to the top and bottom of the image to make a 7"h x 2.75" wide hang-tag for large bottles or swingtop bottles:

winterwarmer_hangtag.jpg

Here's my holiday ale label. It is an Old Ale brewed with spices, dried raisin, dried cranberries and dried apples. Wish I could take credit for it but my friend drew it up for me.

HOLIDAY_COLOR2011.jpg

Back