Chopped Strawberries???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texron

Reaction score
Hello all. I am gearing up to brew the Strawberry Pizzaz recipee that was the group brew here sometime ago. I am going to be using Frozen Strawberries from the local grocery store and they are usually quiet large berries, I have a food processsor that would easily chop or puree the berries while still in a frozen state. I would then pour the results into a nylon bag for fermentation.

Would this be advisable, or beneficial? Or should I just thaw them and mash them up in the bag and then pour the result into a nylon bag for fermentation?

either way will work. I've got 15lbs of fresh strawberries sitting in the freezer getting ready to make that recipe myself!

Do you plan to add all the strawberries for the initial fermentation? Or will you stagger the fruit additions?

I made a strawberry chocolate mead and I used a blender to chop the strawberries up (they were frozen) allowed them to thaw and added them straight to the fermentation bucket, I didn't bother with the nylon bag, currently the batch is aging on the strawberries still. Hopefully the result will be more strawberry flavour.

Back