Chocolate Wheat - how much fruit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddMic

Reaction score
I've seen tons of questions about adding fruit to batches but I'm not sure if all the rules apply if I'm using chocolate also (1oz of Belgian coco powder).

The kit came with extract but my last extract tasted rather fake so I am going to try and use real food.

Thinking about splitting the batch - 3 gallons raspberry and 2 gallons cherry.

I've ordered some oregon puree stuff but if frozen would also work - I'd down for that too.

I want it to fit well with the chocolate.. any ideas?

I would suggest one of two options.

1. Stick with the fruit only to see how they turn out. Try chocolate another day.

2. Break down the brew even further - 2 gal rasp, 2 gal cherry, 1 gal choc + one fruit. In case it stinks you'll only have lost 1 gal, and yet you'll still have the controls in place to see what the fruit has done for you and if it has worked.

Just an idea or two.

B

Welll.... bad news is the coco beer is already in primary. so now it's either a matter of added the 2oz of black cherry extract or the real fruit.

Maybe reverse what I said. Keep the majority as a choc brew but in one gallon add some fruit.

B

Back