Chocolate Fudge Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loveall-Brew

Reaction score
I am contemplating brewing a chocolate fudge stout using real fudge, and am wondering how this can be achieved? Would adding the fudge directly to the boil sometime near the end be the best time for this addition? Thank you in advance for any advice. Cheers!

if deluded to a very watery stage, it might add flavor to it?
but would you have enough sugar to ferment.
maybe add it when priming.

I feel the fudge would have too many oils in it. You may want to consider unsweetened chocolate, lactose, and prime with creme de cacao. That should get you the sweet chocolatey flavor.

+1 to the above suggestions, the oils/fats are the problem.

You can make an amazing chocolatey stout using lactose (add at flameout), chocolate malt and cacao nibs (sanitised in vodka, added after primary fermentation). Aim to keep the FG around 1.020

Sadu,
You seem to have a great recipe for chocolate stout, something I have been searching for for ages.
Don't wish to hijack this thread.
Maybe you can PM me at peterlonzatEMAILdotcom?
Thanks

Sadu,
You seem to have a great recipe for chocolate stout, something I have been searching for for ages.
Don't wish to hijack this thread.
Maybe you can PM me at peterlonzatEMAILdotcom?
Thanks
I'll check my notes when I'm at my computer and post it.
From memory it was more or less the recipe from brewing classic styles, upped to 1.060 and finishing 1.020ish. About 10% lactose and apart from that just the usual stout ingredients.
But one of the best beers I've ever made for sure.

Back