Chocolate cherry Bochet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutch

Reaction score
Hey guys looking to make a chocolate cherry Bochet looking for people to critique the recipe

1 1/2 lb honey (clover)cooked for 20-30 minutes
1 lb honey (clover)
64 oz organic dark cherry juice
Water to one gallon
K1V-1116 or D47?
Staggered DAP nutrient addition

Secondary rack onto natural chocolate flavoring (home brew store) to desired taste

I would like this to be a semi dry mead so if you guys have any suggestions please feel free

Coincidentally, I just started a similar bochet: using clover honey caramelized about 90 minutes at 320 F in my oven*, then added almost 5 oz of roasted cocoa nibs; K1 V1116 yeast. I added 1/2 t of nutrient and 1/2 t tannin. The SG is 1.120 (1 gallon+ in a food grade bucket
* oven pre-heated but I have no idea how long it would take the honey in a dutch oven to hit 320F. After one hour the color change was very minimal but after 90 minutes the color was dark and the honey very fragrant.

Wow, I had to read that 3 times before my brain would accept that 90 mins was longer than an hr. o_O
Maybe my ol' lady's right and I am getting senile :confused: or maybe I'm just drinking too much:bott:

Back