China Made Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly 3bbl jacketed... I need some time to figure it out. Pm me

I would be very interested in the 28 gallon or a 2 bbl size... Count me in

cd

I have a 2 bbl jacketed fermenter with all of the accessories for sale. PM me if you're interested.

Have you figured out freight and duties yet? Have you talked to a customs broker? This will add to the final cost.

I am in need of two 1bbl jacketed fermenters I could take three if it would help the group out...

cd:rockin:

Just out of curiosity, it looks like glacier states the 15 gallon conical has a working volume of 15 gallons but total volume of 18.75. Does this mean it's designed for 15G of finished beer? If so, would the 10 gallon fermentors be an option with this group buy as well? I can't see myself doing larger than 10 gallon batches.

How will they be shipped to our address? I may be interested in one or two 10 gallon.

Price updated for 10 gallons on first page..

They quoted $500 even.. I think the best savings so far are in the bigger ones.. How will they be shipped ?? Depending on Size and how many you order. Could be freight could be regular ups or postal or FedEx.. Once we get the final total il get the dimensions of the each shipment and price that out and send it to everyone for shipping cost from Seattle to your home

Thanks CBB for all your work on this I know I appreciate it.

cd

I might have interest in a 15 gal, assuming that it in fact has 25% headspace, so I can use for 15 gallons. Obviously the freight and shipping would have to make sense.

Brewhemoth is $639 with free shipping, although it comes bare with no accessories.

CBB, do you have some running totals at this point?

thanks
cd

So far with a couple of you interested and a couple saying yes to a 1 or 2 bbl here are the totals so far..

3 - 1 bbl non jacketed
4 - 2 bbl
1 - 15 gallon

So far.. I'm mean a couple who have been asking questions via private message could come forward and add to the order..

With shipping from Seattle port to your place of residence I still think it would be a good deal.. Best deal is for the 1 bbl and 2 bbl as for smaller its really up to you personally..

I am really interested in some 2bbl jacketed fv(s) and possibly some brites. This is for a nano so if possible could you supply some exact pictures and drawings of the fv? What size are the ones in the picture you have posted on the first page of this thread.

Was there a thread somewhere... I think it was in the keggin/bottling section that talked about the weld quality from China? That the welds were what they should have been and the metal wasn't stainless when they said it wasn't. I thought i read that and a few other things about the quality of stuff coming from China. Anyone remember this or know what im talking about?

Was there a thread somewhere... I think it was in the keggin/bottling section that talked about the weld quality from China? That the welds were what they should have been and the metal wasn't stainless when they said it wasn't. I thought i read that and a few other things about the quality of stuff coming from China. Anyone remember this or know what im talking about?

Thats like saying that all cars that come out of the US are the exact same quality regardless of manufacturer or price point. I am sure that more than less of the stainless steel vessels that come out of China are inferior and not up to spec but you cant assume that is the case for every single manufacturer. This is why you have to do your homework. From what I understand these are the same vessels that are imported and sold by one if not more US wholesalers who supply to breweries. Can anyone confirm this?

Thats like saying that all cars that come out of the US are the exact same quality regardless of manufacturer or price point. I am sure that more than less of the stainless steel vessels that come out of China are inferior and not up to spec but you cant assume that is the case for every single manufacturer. This is why you have to do your homework. From what I understand these are the same vessels that are imported and sold by one if not more US wholesalers who supply to breweries. Can anyone confirm this?

Makes sense. I only brought it up because it was a major corny keg distributor that was deciding whether to go with China made stuff or Italian and all the companies they found in China weren't up to par with regards to holding pressurized gases. Stated they were rated for up to so many PSI but were failing far below the acceptable PSI. Again just sometihng i wanted to mention just cuz it seems like this is gonna be a big investment for people, i would hate to see ya get stuck with a bad product, especially one that could lead to ruined brew

I agree with you. Im curious as well. I have heard of the QC issues you spoke of with a few different facets of the brewing industry, specifically SS kegs. If these are the same ones imported to the US by a few wholesalers than that is enough for me. I just need some confirm this 100%.

Well these tanks are the exact same ones from glacier.. So the welds glacier are selling are the welds we would get..

Also the sales rep did confirm they supply glacier tanks with their products and confirmed the owners and names of the people they deal with at glacier

Well these tanks are the exact same ones from glacier.. So the welds glacier are selling are the welds we would get..

Also the sales rep did confirm they supply glacier tanks with their products and confirmed the owners and names of the people they deal with at glacier

Just playing devils advocate here:D
Your point is not neccesarally true. Yes, they supply Glacier (we'll take their word for it at the moment), but Glacier seem to be buying a lot of these tanks so to continue to sell to them the supplier would have to make sure they keep up with their quality.
For this purchase you would be buying a small number (in their terms) of one off tanks and if there is little chance of loosing repeat business (because there is not likely to be any repeat business anyway) you might not get the same treatment as Glacier does.
I have heard of sotries where the first 1, 2, 3, etc. small batches from a supplier in China is perfect then once the $500k order is placed the quality drops off sharply (this could be because the company actually over extended itself and could not deliver quality in the timeframe rather than intentionally being a dick).

Glacier does all of the warranty work for this supplier. So if something does come up a bit short for whatever reason, it can be corrected fairly easily.

I've heard the same story that the 304 steel coming from China isn't "real" because a magnet doesn't stick to it. Funny enough, if your magnet sticks to 304 stainless, it's not 304 stainless. That's actually one of the reasons 304 is used in medical applications and instruments, it has a low magnetic reactance.

Glacier does all of the warranty work for this supplier. So if something does come up a bit short for whatever reason, it can be corrected fairly easily.

I've heard the same story that the 304 steel coming from China isn't "real" because a magnet doesn't stick to it. Funny enough, if your magnet sticks to 304 stainless, it's not 304 stainless. That's actually one of the reasons 304 is used in medical applications and instruments, it has a low magnetic reactance.

Unless it is work hardened :D
I guess if the Chinesse supplier will foot the bill to repair unsatisfactory fabrications through Glacier then I would expect them not to send any unsatisfactory products out the door in the first place. Has that been confirmed?
I guess the other side is they would not want a bunch of people going around saying that they bought tanks from the same supplier as Glacier and they are rubbish, that would hurt Glacier and eventually them.
I think the real problem for Chinesse suppliers is that for every legit one there are 10 or more dodgy ones. I have heard of conterfeit bearings that are better build quality than the ones they knock-off... except whoever reverse engineered the original messed up one critical dimension which meant they ran great but could not be regreased!
On your 304 story I have heard bundles of high strength steel where the outer 1-2 pieces are what were ordered and the middle of the bundle is low quality mild steel when check with a spectrometer!
As always it is a case of buyer beware and do your due diligence (which it seems like it is happening)

So the time has come.. If we have enough people ( to commit ) this weekend or next.. Lets place our order.. Anybody still on the fence ??

Can I get a final head count to who's in the order.. Reply here or pm me with what your looking to order..

Also perfered payment system.. ??

PayPal good with everyone.. ?

Also once I get the head count.. Il get the dimensions in what the supplier with ship the fermenters in then I can give everyone an estimate from Seattle port to their respected addresses..

So the time has come.. If we have enough people ( to commit ) this weekend or next.. Lets place our order.. Anybody still on the fence ??

Can I get a final head count to who's in the order.. Reply here or pm me with what your looking to order..

Also perfered payment system.. ??

PayPal good with everyone.. ?

Also once I get the head count.. Il get the dimensions in what the supplier with ship the fermenters in then I can give everyone an estimate from Seattle port to their respected addresses..

I am still looking for 2 or 3 one barrel jacketed tanks.

cd:rockin:

I might be interested in either 2 15 gallon jacketed conicals or 2 10 gallon jacketed conicals (depending on if we have confirmed they have 25% headspace)... How much would they be? Thanks.

So the time has come.. If we have enough people ( to commit ) this weekend or next.. Lets place our order.. Anybody still on the fence ??..

Hey Cranky, good luck with the group buy. Since I am in New Zealand it would be pointless for me to join in but I am interested in how this goes.
Please keep this thread updated when the fermenters come in, as I might look at getting some for a future project I am working on...
Again good luck, your doing a great service with this one :D

I'm down for two 1BBL non jacketed. PayPal is good and shipping would be to hughesville, md. Give me some final # s and exact options included . I would like all accessories including pressure relief. Thanks

Some possible good news.. We have a member in china that I have set up a tour of the facility to see welds and and the whole operation..

So for anyone who is on the fence hopefully once he does the tour he can put your mind at ease.

$1200 for the 15 gallon jacketed and $1150 for the 10 gallon jacketed.. And for head space he hasn't confirmed just yet

I have a spanking brand new jacketed 2 BBL with all of the accessories for sale. $2750 and it's yours.

CrankyBeaverBrewery said:
Some possible good news.. We have a member in china that I have set up a tour of the facility to see welds and and the whole operation..

Barring something unexpected, I'll be there Saturday morning.

Barring something unexpected, I'll be there Saturday morning.

Good work Quaker! See if you can take photos of their factory and gear to post back on here, only if they are happy for you to ofcoarse.

Gret job cranky and Quaker... Looking forward to hearing and seeing pics of the entire tour but more importantly the welds and quality of the work.

Thanks
cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back