Chimay Red and Blue must be commonplace?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJS

Reaction score
Aloha again,

I recently went out for the first time in awhile, monks dont get out much, and to my amazement a bottle of Chimay Red was for sale at a local food mart. It was $13, and their last one so i bought it.

Just earlier having my first Chimay Blue at a local restaurant, also having never seen it on the menu. I asked if she get request's for it and she said my request had been the first in her experience.

Today was full of Chimay and it was awesome. Is Chimay just around like this out there?

I've seen at least one kind of Chimay at almost every (proper) liquor store I can think of. Can't say I've seen it in a food store. In Denver Chimay was pretty easy to find in bars and restaurants. Not so much here, but nothing good is easy to find here.

Chimay is probably the most common of the trappist beers, at least here in Florida. It's available pretty much everywhere.

It's really strange, from a marketing standpoint. I would think the perceived value would be diminished by having so many places carry the product.

IMO the non-Trappist brewers copying the style make better beer, anyway.

It's a common offering in grocery stores that offer craft beer in VA.

Even if they don't have much it seems like there's always a couple on the shelf. ( maybe the same 2 - I don't know how fast it moves in these stores with a big BMC crowd).

Oh, and i saw a lot of Sammy Smith, I dont know what who that fella is though

RJS said:
Oh, and i saw a lot of Sammy Smith, I dont know what who that fella is though

I never went for Sam Smith because the label is SO DAMN CONFUSING!

I did try the winter warmer this year though and I gotta say it was darn good.

I always dug on the Taddy Porter from Sam Smiths. And I've noticed them finally switching away from clear bottles. I don't know what it is with British brewers and their love for clear bottles, but for the love of beer, please stop!

Latest posts

Back