Chicago folks- any brewpubs/bars near Wrigley?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We'll be in the Wrigley Field area for a weekend in about a month. Is there any place near Wrigley to get some decent bar food and a few good beers? I'm not familiar at all with the area, and I'd love some pointers!

We'll be in the Wrigley Field area for a weekend in about a month. Is there any place near Wrigley to get some decent bar food and a few good beers? I'm not familiar at all with the area, and I'd love some pointers!
Lucky Dorr is good for beers. Right next door to the stadium.

If you're willing to travel a couple of miles, then check out Metropolitan, which has a beautiful tasting room on the river (and fantastic Helles) and Maplewood, which is a few short blocks from there

Sheffield's is pretty close and is a top 5 Chicago craft beer bar.

DryHop is probably the best brew pub within a mile or so of Wrigley.

I was at Wrigley for a concert recently and stopped at Corridor Brewing for some beers and bites beforehand. They had some good IPA's on tap and the food was tasty...also walking distance to Wrigley Field.

If you're willing to travel a bit I can't recommend Hopleaf enough. It's not that far away.

Edit: just saw the date stamps on here, haha. Ignore me!

We had a great time! Can't wait to go back and visit again.

I go fishing in the UP between Iron Mountain and Crystal Falls every summer in August. Any local beers/breweries I should check out next year?

I go fishing in the UP between Iron Mountain and Crystal Falls every summer in August. Any local beers/breweries I should check out next year?

The Alpha brewery is a big hit now and there is also the 51st state Brewery but I have not been there.

Back