• We have a new forum and it needs your help! Homebrewing Deals is a forum to post whatever deals and specials you find that other homebrewers might value! Includes coupon layering, Craigslist finds, eBay finds, Amazon specials, etc.

Chicago folks- any brewpubs/bars near Wrigley?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
We'll be in the Wrigley Field area for a weekend in about a month. Is there any place near Wrigley to get some decent bar food and a few good beers? I'm not familiar at all with the area, and I'd love some pointers!

Veets

Reaction score
We'll be in the Wrigley Field area for a weekend in about a month. Is there any place near Wrigley to get some decent bar food and a few good beers? I'm not familiar at all with the area, and I'd love some pointers!
Lucky Dorr is good for beers. Right next door to the stadium.

Veets

Reaction score
If you're willing to travel a couple of miles, then check out Metropolitan, which has a beautiful tasting room on the river (and fantastic Helles) and Maplewood, which is a few short blocks from there

parjay

Reaction score
Sheffield's is pretty close and is a top 5 Chicago craft beer bar.

DryHop is probably the best brew pub within a mile or so of Wrigley.

chrisbrew

Reaction score
I was at Wrigley for a concert recently and stopped at Corridor Brewing for some beers and bites beforehand. They had some good IPA's on tap and the food was tasty...also walking distance to Wrigley Field.

Comfort_Zone

Reaction score
If you're willing to travel a bit I can't recommend Hopleaf enough. It's not that far away.

Edit: just saw the date stamps on here, haha. Ignore me!

parjay

Reaction score
We had a great time! Can't wait to go back and visit again.
I go fishing in the UP between Iron Mountain and Crystal Falls every summer in August. Any local beers/breweries I should check out next year?

Zyhow

Reaction score
I go fishing in the UP between Iron Mountain and Crystal Falls every summer in August. Any local beers/breweries I should check out next year?
The Alpha brewery is a big hit now and there is also the 51st state Brewery but I have not been there.