Cheers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B'sPointPlacePorter

Reaction score
Hey all. My name is Chris, and I am a homebrew-aholic. The art of brewing is still very new to me, but I am loving it. So far I have cracked a glass carboy, (water to hot while cleaning) soured half a batch with insufficiently rinsed bottles, made a passable American Nut Brown Ale, and a widely praised Porter. Currently I have a Red ale conditioning in the bottle and a sweet Stout in my secondary fermenter. Everything I have made thus far has been from a extract kit. However, I am branching out on my next brew and buying specific ingredients to create my own recipe. I am going for a Blue Moon type wheat ale.

I am looking forward to learning more about this great craft and honing my skills. I figured there cannot be a better resource for that than you all at HomeBrewTalk!

Cheers

Chris
:mug:

Welcome to the Funderful World of Fermentation!!

Blue Moon - Belgian Wit
Recently alto of people have been requesting information on belgian wit and Blue moon brewing clones so....

This recipe is Dr. Keith Villa's 5 gal recipe for belgian wit (He is the head brewer at Blue moon brewing)

5 Lbs 2-Row pale malt
2.75 Lbs unmalted white wheat
1 Lbs rolled oats
1 oz Hallertauer
.25 oz Saaz
.5 oz Bitter orange peel
1.25 oz ground coriander

WYEAST 3944 witbeer
1 cup Corn sugar to prime

mash in at 42'C for 20 min. raise to 50'C for 25 min. raise to 75'C for 10 min. and mash out. Lauter, sparge, drain. Boil 15 min, then add Hallertauer. Boil for 60 min then add Saaz. Boil 10 min then add coriander and orange peel. Boil for 5 more min and then cool.

90 min boil
75 min hallertauer
15 min saaz
5 min Coriander and orange peel

For extracts just substitute the grain with 5.25 lbs Wheat DME, use about 3AAs and noil for 1 hour.

Also, check (research) into the Late Addition Method of brewing. ;)

Thanks for the recipe. I am looking forward to getting going on this one. My local store is out of hops, so I am waiting for them to come in the mail.

Latest posts

Back